Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Cross Canada Tour

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Cross Canada Tour

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-20, 08:34 AM
RideToInspire

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cross Canada Tour

Hi guys,

Next year (the summer of 2021) I am planning on doing a cross country tour of Canada. Granted that things with this pandemic have cooled down.
Since October of 2015 I have been off work with Bi Polar disorder. I want to do this trip to show and inspire people to do and achieve whatever they want to do despite their labels that society has given them.

The problem is I have very little long distance cycling experience and no blogging experience. Blogging is important as I want to document the trip.

P.S. I am also looking for other riders who want to take this trip with me as I do not want to do it alone.

Thanks in advance for any help that you provide.
Old 05-27-20, 04:45 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Where are you starting from? Check out Crazyguyonabike: https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?doctype=journal; hundreds of people post their journals there, and it is a relatively easy site to use.

My wife and I have ridden from Vancouver, BC to Toronto, ON, with a few side trip thrown in for fun. We planned on finisihing it this summer, doing Toronto to Halifax, but it is not going to happen.

Good luck in your venture, Maybe we will see you on the road in 2021

Last edited by Doug64; 05-27-20 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-27-20, 07:45 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Sounds fun & going cross-Canada gets more bragging rights than cross-USA
Old 05-28-20, 12:27 AM
Chrisp72
Roleur of Dough

Bikes: Kuwahara Caravan, Specialized Stumpjumper S Works

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RideToInspire
Hi guys,

Next year (the summer of 2021) I am planning on doing a cross country tour of Canada. Granted that things with this pandemic have cooled down.
Since October of 2015 I have been off work with Bi Polar disorder. I want to do this trip to show and inspire people to do and achieve whatever they want to do despite their labels that society has given them.

The problem is I have very little long distance cycling experience and no blogging experience. Blogging is important as I want to document the trip.

P.S. I am also looking for other riders who want to take this trip with me as I do not want to do it alone.

Thanks in advance for any help that you provide.
RideToInspire...I may be interested in joining you for the ride. I have Schizo Affective disorder so I might be a good fit. I know a little about bikes and am fairly new to bicycle touring.

Let me know the details. My home base is the GTA.
Old 06-05-20, 12:13 AM
speyfitter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Hello RidetoInspire,

Just wondering if you have heard of the Ridedonthide movement? A Vancouver Teacher named Michael Schratter with Bipolar disorder cycled around the world to raise awareness for the stigma of mental health disorders. It has evolved into the ride don't hide movement with an annual bike ride to raise awareness to reduce the stigma of mental health disorders and raise funds for Canadian Mental Health programs. I've met Michael a few times, I "sort of" work with him (long story).

https://cmha.bc.ca/documents/buildin...ichaels-story/

https://cmha.donordrive.com

There is a website for people who ride across Canada who blog, update media, etc. - some good info, Have a look:
Biking Across Canada - A Community of Long-Distance Cyclists

Just wondering what your time frame is and what are your expectations? Where do you plan to start and end?

Last edited by speyfitter; 06-05-20 at 12:18 AM.