Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

One (1) 2020 pic. Of you. On a bike.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

One (1) 2020 pic. Of you. On a bike.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-21, 07:58 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
As a pioneer in social distancing, all I have is solar selfies via action cam. In this action shot, yours truly makes yet another mid course correction in life.

Old 01-04-21, 08:22 AM
bear_a_bug 

Bikes: 650B'd '74 Raleigh Super Tourer and '83 Trek 620, '22 Gorilla Monsoon

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
This photo was taken in late Spring this year, 2 months after I shattered my first metatarsal in my left foot falling down my stairs at home. Turns out I have a chronic neurological disease (CIDP, or chronic Guillain Barre) which sent me to the ER three times in spring/summer for a total of about 15 days in the ICU before they put me on a maintenance schedule of IVIG once a month. Before that, I was becoming slowly paralyzed, unable to walk without assistance, eat with utensils, or even lift a glass of water to my mouth without two hands. With treatment, I'm now at 100%, and we're going to taper off treatment in early 2021 and see if my body has flipped off the CIDP antibody production. Fingers crossed.

Getting back on the bike was a huge motivator for me during recovery, and this photo was taken 1 day after I got out my cast. I managed to stick my swollen foot in a sandal with the straps loosened all the way, and got about 1 mile before I stopped to lie in the grass here. 2 months later, I did an Imperial century up in Wisconsin.
Likes For bear_a_bug:
Old 01-04-21, 11:52 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 7,489 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by bear_a_bug
This photo was taken in late Spring this year, 2 months after I shattered my first metatarsal in my left foot falling down my stairs at home. Turns out I have a chronic neurological disease (CIDP, or chronic Guillain Barre) which sent me to the ER three times in spring/summer for a total of about 15 days in the ICU before they put me on a maintenance schedule of IVIG once a month. Before that, I was becoming slowly paralyzed, unable to walk without assistance, eat with utensils, or even lift a glass of water to my mouth without two hands. With treatment, I'm now at 100%, and we're going to taper off treatment in early 2021 and see if my body has flipped off the CIDP antibody production. Fingers crossed.

Getting back on the bike was a huge motivator for me during recovery, and this photo was taken 1 day after I got out my cast. I managed to stick my swollen foot in a sandal with the straps loosened all the way, and got about 1 mile before I stopped to lie in the grass here. 2 months later, I did an Imperial century up in Wisconsin.
way to keep at it- hope the progress continues!
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 01-04-21, 12:24 PM
no67el

Bikes: How many is too many?

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 83 Posts
Oddly, this was one of my most amazing years on a bike ever--- new titanium hip back in November '19 made me more comfortable on a bike than I've been in 20 years. And pandemic isolation forced me to ride, mostly alone, for countless hours, to the point that I actually started looking forward to all those meditative hours alone.... especially in this strange and stressful year.

Leading the rowing team on a September road ride, one of the few group rides in a mostly solitary year:

I think I was on the Miami Vice ironman.... kids said "nice bike!"
Likes For no67el:
Old 01-04-21, 01:55 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked 3,404 Times in 1,205 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
componentry?

mostly interested in that Sugino? crankset
Tektro braking system, older Deore derailleurs, Mavic SUP rims laced to DA 7403 hubs, 8 speed custom 12-34 cassette, Shimano 6207 friction shifters.
Nitto Noodles on a Nitto Dynamic 10 stem, SSM Rolls saddle. Those are 32mm Gravel King SK’s.
Crankset is a Sugino RD triple, pretty sure. 48-36-24. Prices on those have gone through the roof.
Very little offset, takes like a 110-112 bottom bracket.
Old 01-05-21, 08:45 AM
drpaddle
Rolling Vintage Only

Bikes: About two dozen road, mountain, and tandem from 1940s to 1981.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 29 Posts
Centennial Trail in the Black Hills in October. Riding a stock (except for additional braze-ons, saddle, and pedals) 1983 Ross Mt Whitney.

Likes For drpaddle:
Old 01-05-21, 10:16 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 7,489 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by drpaddle
Centennial Trail in the Black Hills in October. Riding a stock (except for additional braze-ons, saddle, and pedals) 1983 Ross Mt Whitney.
Get it! That is an awesome pic. Ive seen pics and details of the Centennial Trail- it certainly isnt the easiest ride.
Next up- Maah Daah Hey trail, perhaps? https://www.ndtourism.com/articles/maah-daah-hey-trail
Old 01-05-21, 05:13 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
does with the bike after a ride count? with super bright aerotech shorts? it was 100 that day

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 01-05-21, 05:37 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
This is all I got.

Old 01-05-21, 06:30 PM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 3,375 Times in 1,580 Posts
it was a shot of the Raleigh, but some of me sneaked into the photo too....

Steve in Peoria
Likes For steelbikeguy: