Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Vintage Peugeot In Original Packaging

Old 09-17-21, 08:19 AM
kaseyriot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Vintage Peugeot In Original Packaging

hey all would love to know what you think this vintage Peugeot in its original packaging is worth in CAD

Simplex derailleur
Mafac Racer brakes

https://mega.nz/file/oU5UzC5Y#KknqMk...lu0INs3pooIV4I

https://mega.nz/file/NcAFGYBa#3_yKF_...-vBDhqXwoGPx_k

https://mega.nz/file/dYRlCaAQ#SqZ7vv...kveUBwO_Of2pVE

Last edited by kaseyriot; 09-17-21 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-17-21, 09:17 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 1,706 Times in 620 Posts
Picture assist looks great like the classic orange paint.

Old 09-17-21, 11:30 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked 1,671 Times in 955 Posts
It is an AE8 which originally sold for about $180 in Canada. I worked in a bike shop in 1973 that sold tons of Peugeots, the store owner actually bought a complete container load of assorted models. This was just above entry level for Peugeot except for the lights, mudguards, and rack which add some value if you want those features.
Old 09-17-21, 12:15 PM
kaseyriot

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by alcjphil
It is an AE8 which originally sold for about $180 in Canada. I worked in a bike shop in 1973 that sold tons of Peugeots, the store owner actually bought a complete container load of assorted models. This was just above entry level for Peugeot except for the lights, mudguards, and rack which add some value if you want those features.

Interesting but Im curious what you think its worth now in this form.
Old 09-17-21, 01:42 PM
beech333
Fuji Fan

Bikes: Was Fuji and got my grails (Pro, Pro SR, Design Series, & Ti). Now I hunt 50's and older road bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 161 Times in 106 Posts
If you can find the buyer with sentimental appeal and deep enough pockets, I imagine you could get as much as $800. I'd probably pay that for an early 70's Fuji Special Road Racer in my size, if it were still sealed and had been stored well(no rust).

If you list it on Ebay/CL at $400, it might sit for a while. An Ebay auction might go for less.

Overall, I think this is hard to judge, as it does not come up often. Most people would consider it junk too. There were some old bikes listed on Chicago CL not too long ago, which were NOS out of a local shop that closed. I think they were selling around $250-300.
Old 09-17-21, 02:52 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
I can imagine the excitement of finding a bike in NOS condition. I have purchased a lot of components that were pushing 60 to 70 years old that were NOS and I was excited to do so.

But, the bike in question is at the low end of the scale for Peugeot in those years and as such what you have is a mediocre bike in great condition.

Someone wanting a pristine, low-end bike might pay $250.00 for it. I wouldn't.
Old 09-17-21, 07:12 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 1,706 Times in 620 Posts
It would seem a shame but nos you could get more for this bike parted. Say $50-75 for the brake set if the hoods are good to start, $50 for the rack, $50 for the seat, $50 for the fenders, $25 for the pump and on it goes likely $500 maybe a bit more.
Old 09-17-21, 08:27 PM
Warbird21

Bikes: Salsa Warbird

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 85 Posts
I had a very similar Peugeot in the early 1970's, purchased at the Post Exchange at Landstuhl Army Base in Germany, for my 13th birthday, but mine was white. When I got my drivers license, I gave it to my brother. He rode it to Ocean City MD from Western MD and did the entire C&O Canal on it the summer after he graduated (1982). He left it at WVU when he went into the Army.
Old 09-18-21, 01:40 PM
kaseyriot

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by beech333
If you can find the buyer with sentimental appeal and deep enough pockets, I imagine you could get as much as $800. I'd probably pay that for an early 70's Fuji Special Road Racer in my size, if it were still sealed and had been stored well(no rust).

If you list it on Ebay/CL at $400, it might sit for a while. An Ebay auction might go for less.

Overall, I think this is hard to judge, as it does not come up often. Most people would consider it junk too. There were some old bikes listed on Chicago CL not too long ago, which were NOS out of a local shop that closed. I think they were selling around $250-300.
thanks for the insight, found a sentimental buyer and we were both happy with the transaction