Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Sandwich Notch Road & Trails

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-21, 07:43 PM
Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts

I just wanted to put in a good word for this area. We rented a property on Dinsmore pond Road 2 weeks ago and had a blast. Took our MTB's which mostly overkill as the rideable roads are more gravel but still the occasional rock, root, hole or puddle makes the gnarlier tires better. All I can say is wow. We got pretty deep into the wilderness on Beebee river logging road, saw huge bear tracks more than twice the size of my hand, we saw a baby moose which was impressively large until we saw its mother but keeping our distance let them pass. Many nice shore views of the fall foilage.

All I can say is as a whole we spent 5 nights there and if I had 5 days left to live in my life what we did would be exactly how I would want to spend it. Kudos to the town of Sandwich NH. I just bought a book on Sandwich Notch Road written in the 70's that I look forward to reading. Highly recommend staying in this area and if you get bored of the biking and trails Ferncroft and the White mountain trails not much Northeast of here do beckon!