Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

EZ 1 cruiser?

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

EZ 1 cruiser?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-21, 02:57 AM
DeezFiles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by osco53
Reasons I think bents are not more popular:

People want to fit in, not many can become comfortable standing out from the crowd,

Hard to Draft with Roadie's on DF's,

A Performance bent is very expensive due In part to very low production numbers,

A $2,000 two wheel bent will often weigh in at 30-35 or more pounds where a $2k DF road bike will be around 20 pounds,,or less,

You need to develop 'Bent' legs before you chase down DF's, this takes time and effort,

Long wheel base bents are hard to live with, for example:
On a bike rack behind a small car,
In an Apartment, up stairs,,etc.

I'm sure there are other viable reasons, like There are a total of three bike shops that have bents out of 20 within 50 miles of me.
and only ONE that rents and Is backed up against the Pinellas trail...

The next closest is 50 miles away.....
I'm sure you'll probably never see this since post is sold old...but are you in Dunedin 😁 I'm curious cause it sounds like the bike shop by my house. Lol
Old 08-10-21, 08:31 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
I just picked a 2007 SUN EZ-1 SX and I'm quite happy with the bike over all! It's a great lite rec and utility bike and it's much more compatible ride wise with my wifes TT Rover X8 trike than my Giant Escape 3 comfort bike with 700C wheels!! Very easy to ride, yes it can be a bit "floppy" when slow speed handling but not near as "unsteady as the Bike E I had"!! I've had a NEW SUN EZ-1 SX back in 2011 but I like this older style "Ladder Frame" over the newer style X-frame of the 2011 model. FYI.

My new to me 2007 SUN EZ-1 SX Ladder Frame

The NEW 2011's we bought these are the newer X-frame

Old 09-30-21, 03:37 PM
bjjoondo 

You will really enjoy that EZ Sport-AX, back in 2011 after the EZ-1 I traded up to the EZ Sport-AX and I'd probably still be riding it IF my wife Jo and I hadn't decided we wanted to ride a TANDEM and couldn't afford a Recumbent Tandem so we bought a DF Recreational Tandem. Sadly we had to sell it due to my "heavy arthritis" in my joints, holding the extra weight of the heavier bike and my wife up at stops made my knees and ankles swell up badly! RATS. I've never been able to afford another EZ Sport AX, I don't think they make the nicer AX version anymore!! Have too much FUN!

Old 11-17-21, 09:28 AM
bjjoondo 

I've put 900 miles on my 2007 SUN EZ-1 SX since June, quite a few pulling loads in my homebuilt trailer and lot's of recreational rides with the wife on her Terra Trike X8 recumbent trike. LOL, the EZ-1 is like the old Timex Watch commercials, "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking". A minor adjustment here and there, had both rim's trued as a preventive maintance, switched the stock pedals for larger composite platform style so I have grip without using the Power Straps and added a "Mid-Rack" to be able to more easily use a set of full size panniers! So far the bike get's a "A" Grade, it was well worth the little money I paid for it!!!