Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Haunted Houses....

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

Haunted Houses....

Old 06-14-22, 03:00 PM
work4bike

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2706 Post(s)
Liked 581 Times in 436 Posts
Haunted Houses....

I don't believe in ghost, based on all the stupid ghost shows on TV, the crap on those shows can cause severe eye sore from all the

However, I've been having a lot of weird stuff happening in my house. I've had a very distinct feeling of the back of my shirt tugged on, from the rear, when I'm washing dishes. I suddenly get the feeling like I'm not alone, then it goes away. And recently there have been sounds coming from my kitchen and utility room when I'm in the living room.

The latest was just this morning as I was preparing to jump on the bike. My wife and I heard a very unmistakable distinct and clear sound of glass clanking together and falling, not more than 8 feet from where I was standing. I looked all over the place, nothing was moved nor had fallen. Furthermore, all our glasses are in a cabinet, but I looked anyway in all the cabinets, I even (out of desperation) went outside and looked around to see if anything fell, despite knowing that the sound came from the utility room -- the sound was clear as day, no mistaking it.

This phenomenon of hearing things crashing has happened a couple other times, just as clear as today. I'm at a loss...

Old 06-14-22, 03:16 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1747 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 406 Posts
My belief in supernatural doesn't stem from "proof being on film". I do believe in forces that we cannot explain which (could be) ghosts or whatever.

We lived in an older home that when things were quiet you could hear chatter from upstairs like a group conversation going on. The moment you got to the stairs to go up, the noise would stop. I have had other strange occurrences in my life which would be quite difficult to explain without some belief in said. We had a cleansing done at our current home and since having said done have not experienced anything out of the ordinary as we did just after moving in.
Old 06-14-22, 03:46 PM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 12487 Post(s)
Liked 3,940 Times in 2,724 Posts
I live in an older house... one not built all that well... The cracks, creeks and settling noises took a bit getting used to... and in winter, the wood shrinks a bit and the floors become much noisier. But after several years, I have learned all the noises.

Now and then something odd starts making new noise. A few weeks ago it sounded like a bee hive in a wall... but I think it was a bee stuck just behind a glass door. The sound stopped and never came back.

Last night I was drying clothes in the dryer downstairs in the basement laundry room... and something in there banged against the dryer drum pretty loudly, on a regular basis... OK, that's a dryer. But the sound seemed to carry along a main heavy beam and "echoed" into my room at the other end of the house, upstairs. It took me a while to figure out, but when I turned off the dryer... the knock on the beam stopped. OK... must be it.

We have a coffee grinder that decides to grind randomly from time to time. We unplug it now.
Old 06-14-22, 03:50 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 3065 Post(s)
Liked 3,297 Times in 2,140 Posts
You have a prankster ghost they are harmless. A few times I had a ghost around that wasn’t very nice so a cranked up the Slayer music to 200 watts. I think the sound waves and frequency repelled the ghost.
Old 06-14-22, 09:21 PM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 187 Posts
Originally Posted by genec View Post
We have a coffee grinder that decides to grind randomly from time to time. We unplug it now.
Ghost coffee. I like it.
Old 06-15-22, 07:28 AM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 12487 Post(s)
Liked 3,940 Times in 2,724 Posts
Originally Posted by Kat12 View Post
Ghost coffee. I like it.
Damn ghost would just grind it, never brew it... oh well... it always smells best while being fresh ground.

The grinder suddenly starting up would make us jump out of our socks... I think it is just a faulty timer switch... but we unplug it anyway.
Old 06-15-22, 10:30 AM
SurferRosa
Señor Member

Bikes: Old school lightweights

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 2423 Post(s)
Liked 3,221 Times in 1,739 Posts
When I was 10, I went inside one. A big mansion. Saw green ghosts flying around. I wasn't scared, and I thought it looked pretty cool. This was in Orlando, FL.
Likes For SurferRosa:
Old 06-15-22, 07:14 PM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 187 Posts
Originally Posted by genec View Post
Damn ghost would just grind it, never brew it... oh well... it always smells best while being fresh ground.

The grinder suddenly starting up would make us jump out of our socks... I think it is just a faulty timer switch... but we unplug it anyway.
Maybe the ghost grinds, and then *you're* supposed to make the coffee... and you're falling down on the job...
Likes For Kat12:
Old 06-16-22, 06:26 PM
making
Super Moderator

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked 777 Times in 468 Posts
I too do not believe in ghosts. But i lived in a house less than 3/10's of a mile from where I am sitting right now. One night I was about 10 and my sister was about 3 or 4. From my bedroom I could see right through her room and out the window to a streetlight by the curb. It kinda lit up both of or rooms but not too bright, light curtains. One night I still clearly remember, I heard my baby sister make some kinda noise, I look up, I have always been kinda a light sleeper, and see my Dad standing by her bed. So I roll over to go back to sleep. In mid roll she starts screaming. The light comes on in my parents room and my Dad runs into her room and turns on her light. She starts babbling about someone standing by her bed. Weird. I seen it too.
Old 06-17-22, 12:05 PM
DMC707
Banned.

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Liked 873 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
You have a prankster ghost they are harmless. A few times I had a ghost around that wasn’t very nice so a cranked up the Slayer music to 200 watts. I think the sound waves and frequency repelled the ghost.

Just like when Cartman played Raining Blood to disperse the hippies

Hippie Infestation - South Park (Video Clip) | South Park Studios US (cc.com)
Likes For DMC707:
Old 06-17-22, 12:15 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 3065 Post(s)
Liked 3,297 Times in 2,140 Posts
I keep a copy handy to scare away people.