Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Gear calculators

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-21, 05:18 AM
CrystalCranks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gear calculators

Hello all,

I'm getting back into track racing after a little while away. Back when I used to ride around, Fixed Gear Fever forum used to be a thing and they had an epic gear calculator spreadsheet.

I'm curious to see if anybody might know where a copy of the spreadsheet might be hiding on the internet? The old excel document was full of handy speed/cadence/time calculating stuff was occasionally of some use. Most apps seem more concerned with skid patch optimisation than the type of stuff I've forgotten.

If the old excel document is lost, are there any good apps for that?
Old 04-22-21, 05:42 AM
1incpa

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
BikeCalc.com - Fixed Gear Calculator
Gear Calculator — Velobike
For your phone. Thanks Carleton: ‎Track Cycling Gear Calculator on the App Store (apple.com)
Hope this helps.
PI
Old 04-22-21, 06:01 AM
CrystalCranks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awesome, thanks for that. The velobike one is pretty close to what I was after, and more than sufficient for a hack like me!