Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

80's Nishiki Cresta GT

Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

80's Nishiki Cresta GT

Old 10-08-21, 01:40 PM
deephate

Bikes: COLNAGO! Litespeed, Motobecane, Peugeot, Gitane, Fuji, Nishiki, Centurion, Panasonic, Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Raleigh, Bianchi, Winsor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
80's Nishiki Cresta GT

I have COPD and recently purchased an ebike and sadly I will probably never look at another human powered bike again. I will be posting about a dozen bikes soon for sale. I have a nice Tange 2 Nishiki touring bike 63cm that I upgraded to Shimano 105 7 speed with down tube shifters off a wrecked Trek years ago. It is full 105 including the crankset 53/39 and hubs except I have a Tourney rear derailleur and the original cantilever brakes on it. Vittoria 700X31 tires in Matrix semi-aero wheels. Brand new SKS fenders. Nashbar Tempo rear wheel pick up with cadence computer. It has front and rear racks and three water bottle cages. It is my oldest friend and sad to see it go. $125 OBO.

Last edited by deephate; 10-27-21 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Size
Likes For deephate:
Old 10-08-21, 01:46 PM
deephate

Bikes: COLNAGO! Litespeed, Motobecane, Peugeot, Gitane, Fuji, Nishiki, Centurion, Panasonic, Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Raleigh, Bianchi, Winsor

I forgot to mention in the title she's a tall one!
Old 10-09-21, 06:52 AM
IPassGas

Bikes: Schwinn, Nishiki, Santana, Trek, Rodriguez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by deephate
I forgot to mention in the title she's a tall one!
Wow, this appears to be the same bike I had (even a rackmate) from 1980 and toured on it many miles until the rear seat stays broke. This is tempting, did it originally have 27" rims that you converted to 700 and you somehow changed the cantis to fit?
Old 10-09-21, 12:07 PM
deephate

Originally Posted by IPassGas
Wow, this appears to be the same bike I had (even a rackmate) from 1980 and toured on it many miles until the rear seat stays broke. This is tempting, did it originally have 27" rims that you converted to 700 and you somehow changed the cantis to fit?
Yes it came with 27". I really struggled to get the canti's to work but I got them stopping very well. I was disappointed I couldn't fit the 105 brakes. I don't remember why because it was so long ago. I got it to replace my first adult bike, a Fuji that I broke the frame on when I was young and virile. It was my only road bike for years until I got the bug and started buying every interesting 63cm bike I saw.

Last edited by deephate; 10-09-21 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-27-21, 02:16 PM
deephate

Price reduced! $125.00