Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Any moderator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-20, 04:44 PM
Dexterbaxter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Any moderator?

Wondering what the policy is for posting a gofundme campaign? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-22-20, 06:24 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Originally Posted by Dexterbaxter
Wondering what the policy is for posting a gofundme campaign? Thanks in advance!
Go Fund Me, etcetera are not allowed to be advertised on Bike Forums.

Likes For cb400bill:
Old 10-22-20, 06:33 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Thread moved from Charity to User Assistance.

Old 11-02-20, 09:13 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 2,272 Times in 1,274 Posts
This is my third attempt to ask about why BF is now blocking posted pictures with video adds about tea . I have to sit through an add to view a photo.Then when I go to post my draft is deleted and I have to sign in again with everything I wrote LOST! The only way around this is to do what I am doing now, post and edit so I don't get dropped! I used to be able to restore previous post after I was dropped but that option is no longer available. This inquiry took 4 edits to post so I would not be inadvertently dropped. Then I am forced to start over. Other members have complained of this issue and nothing has changed , i fact it is now worse than ever! Joe

Last edited by Kabuki12; 11-02-20 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-02-20, 02:22 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
This is my third attempt to ask about why BF is now blocking posted pictures with video adds about tea . I have to sit through an add to view a photo.Then when I go to post my draft is deleted and I have to sign in again with everything I wrote LOST! The only way around this is to do what I am doing now, post and edit so I don't get dropped! I used to be able to restore previous post after I was dropped but that option is no longer available. This inquiry took 4 edits to post so I would not be inadvertently dropped. Then I am forced to start over. Other members have complained of this issue and nothing has changed , i fact it is now worse than ever! Joe
So what's the exact issue here? It seems like this is multiple things that are being conflated. Where are you being made to watch an advert before viewing a photo? Please link me to that photo.

The sign in thing seems like you did not click "Remember Me" when signing in or are not accepting cookies.

What device and browser are you using?
Old 11-02-20, 03:49 PM
Kabuki12

Originally Posted by IBJoel
So what's the exact issue here? It seems like this is multiple things that are being conflated. Where are you being made to watch an advert before viewing a photo? Please link me to that photo.

The sign in thing seems like you did not click "Remember Me" when signing in or are not accepting cookies.

What device and browser are you using?
I use Apple devices and Safari/ Yahoo as browser. As far as remember me, it does not make a difference. The add blocking the photos is in C&V whenever trying to view other member photos. A video automatically starts playing and when I try to stop it , it takes me to their web site. Very frustrating and getting dropped is equally as frustrating , and happening a lot. Just dropping and telling me to log in AGAIN!!
Old 11-02-20, 03:53 PM
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
It seriously sounds like you're infected with something that is hijacking your browser.
Likes For CargoDane:
Old 11-03-20, 06:37 AM
Kabuki12

I just ran a scan of the Mac and it is clean, no threats . This condition exists for others that have complained on this forum and my other devices , iPad, iPhone. It is getting worse or so it seems. The site is heavily "burdened" with adds and I understand it is about generating $$ so we can enjoy the forum, which I do, it just seems that at some point the frustration will out weigh the enjoyment. Joe
Old 11-03-20, 01:57 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
I just viewed this thread: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...today-266.html

And even as a logged out user, I didn't have to watch a video advert before viewing a photo. Are you accepting cookies from the site?
Old 11-03-20, 02:07 PM
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
I just ran a scan of the Mac and it is clean, no threats . This condition exists for others that have complained on this forum and my other devices , iPad, iPhone. It is getting worse or so it seems. The site is heavily "burdened" with adds and I understand it is about generating $$ so we can enjoy the forum, which I do, it just seems that at some point the frustration will out weigh the enjoyment. Joe
As IBJoel (the mod) I can't replicate it either. Logged in, logged out, with or without some ad blocker. Even the built in one in Opera (off +Žon). I also tried Firefox and Edge. Still can't do it.

Maybe your router is then hijacked (infected with malware). Have you tried with the router/wifi off and using the mobile network of your phone?
Likes For CargoDane:
Old 11-03-20, 02:13 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Apple/Safari/iMac here. I have none of the issues reported, FWIW.
Likes For Cyclist0108: