Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

no more creaks

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

no more creaks

Old 08-01-21, 09:00 PM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 151 Posts
no more creaks

I discovered the wonder of grease (Park PolyLube 1000) for all threads and (a very small amount in) the freewheel. That along with Carbon Fiber paste (Finish Line Fiber Grip) my bike is finally virtually creak free

Note that I found removing the plastic inserts in my Shimano SPD-SL pedals helped as well with clicking noises when hammering down on them. I assume this is ok.

life is good

Old 08-02-21, 11:12 PM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 151 Posts
rode it again today. simply heavenly the lack of noise on a quite mountain road
Likes For Symox: