Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Hercules 3 Speed

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Hercules 3 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-22, 01:14 AM
gna
Count Orlok Member

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, Raleigh Twenty, Raleigh Wyoming, Raleigh DL1, Schwinn Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
Hercules 3 Speed

I found an abandoned Hercules 3-speed recently. It's not the English Hercules; it was made in Germany and has a Sachs Torpedo 3-speed coaster brake hub. It has cottered cranks, an unusual bottom bracket, 700C rims with machined braking surfaces, fenders drilled for a skirtguard, dynamo and lights, and a chaincase. The chaincase is plastic and broken in several spots.

Hercules

Cottered crank and bottom bracket.

Not sure what this is. Cafe Lock?

Is it possible to find parts for these bicycles anywhere? eBay searches didn't turn anything up.
Old 08-01-22, 04:45 AM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2746 Post(s)
Liked 3,391 Times in 2,054 Posts
https://gonevintage.com/vintage-bicy...unlocking.html

What parts do you need, looks complete?

Last edited by dedhed; 08-01-22 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-01-22, 09:04 AM
gna
Count Orlok Member

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, Raleigh Twenty, Raleigh Wyoming, Raleigh DL1, Schwinn Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
Chaincase, if at all possible. The chain had plastic in it from rubbing on the case.
I suppose I could try gluing it together and patching it with styrene.
Old 08-01-22, 10:05 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by gna
I found an abandoned Hercules 3-speed recently. It's not the English Hercules; it was made in Germany and has a Sachs Torpedo 3-speed coaster brake hub. It has cottered cranks, an unusual bottom bracket, 700C rims with machined braking surfaces, fenders drilled for a skirtguard, dynamo and lights, and a chaincase. The chaincase is plastic and broken in several spots.

Is it possible to find parts for these bicycles anywhere? eBay searches didn't turn anything up.
Best source of parts is another complete bike. Alternately, you can save a search on ebay. Be prepared to pay more for an individual part.

I've got a lot of parts in hand, and I have sold a lot of parts. Almost all came in the form of a bicycle. Sometimes the bike had terminal frame issues. Sometimes it was missing key parts. Buying parts one at a time tends to be the most expensive route, unless you find them at a co-op or a swap meet.
Please don't confuse ebay "asking" prices with "selling" prices. Many sellers never get their ask price. some are far from it. Value is determined once an item actually SELLS. Its easy enough to check SOLD prices.
Likes For wrk101:
Old 11-05-22, 10:14 AM
Hummer

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh GP, 1985 Norco Bush Pilot, . . .

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 136 Posts
Hercules is a brand name in Germany. Hercules was also a brand from England. Completely different companies.

If you want parts for the Hercules from Germany you will do better to search in Germany.