Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Chicago

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Chicago

Old 09-01-22, 09:20 PM
localguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello from Chicago

Hello,

While I am new to this forum, I am not new to bikes. My bike is a mid 1970s Peugeot PX10. I am looking to upgrade my bike (time wise).

I am trying to post a question on the appraisal section, but my posts do not appear. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Local guy, (Phil J.)
Old 09-02-22, 05:35 AM
streetsurfer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 155 Posts
Hi Phil,
I’m new too, from the Northwest suburbs. You may need ten posts first, not sure. That is a limit set for posting images. Perhaps for buy and sell
and appraisals too.

Welcome!!

someone will be along with the right stuff if I’m off.
Old 09-02-22, 09:20 PM
localguy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you!
Old 09-03-22, 03:02 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
If you wish to sell anything on this site you need to be a paid member. The other thing is you must have 10 posts before you can post a picture. If you do want to sell a bike or parts and show pictures it may take some time before you can do it. I've seen a few cases where people managed to bypass the paid membership requirement but the moderators will delete such posts quickly as they find them.

You should be able to do a search on your bike and see if anyone has sold one recently. There are a couple that come up on eBay in the $750 to $1000 range with shipping included. Funny how prices have gone up. About a decade ago I had a hard time just finding someone who would take my 1973 Motobecane Le Champion road bike for free. It was well cared for but most of my friends were not interested in anything with narrow, high pressure tires. No telling what it would sell for today as it was their most expensive production bike and this one had some pretty good upgrades like Phil Wood hubs.

Used to live in the Chicago suburbs when I worked at Argonne National Lab. It was a good place to ride but the open spaces that were west of the lab are long gone now.
Old 09-04-22, 10:08 AM
localguy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am guessing that I could not post due the photos I wanted to show of the bike I wanted an opinion of it's value. I will need to start posting questions.

Out in the western suburbs of Chicago where I live, there are some great bike trails (Prairie path and it connecting trails).

Not sure why the bike world has moved from narrower tires to monster tires. I guess I am old school and think you should have a lighter bike with narrower tires are easier to ride. We have no mountains or tall hills in the area.

Thank you for your insight