Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Fox 34 Rythym rotor upgrade

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 09-22-22, 05:55 AM
Crank294

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I'm want to upgrade from 180 rotor to 203 rotor on my fox 34 rhythm fork, with magura mt5 breaks. Please can someone confirm which adapter is required. Many thanks.
Old 09-22-22, 07:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
This is probably what you want:
QM 44 ADAPTER for PM7" PM 180 to 203 mm rotor. That is what I am using on my similar Fox fork with same brake:
https://www.magurausa-shop.com/subgr....htm?cat=22536
Old 09-22-22, 11:46 PM
Crank294

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, thank you for your response. I fitted the the Qm44 yesterday but it was too small. I have since found out the the fox 34 rytham standard size fitting is for 160 rotor, so I'm going from 160 to 203 and I believe the adapter I need is Qm42 PM6. I will try this adapter when it arrives in the post later today and update this thread. Hopefully it will fit.
Old 09-25-22, 12:54 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Ahhh I see yeah the 160 to 203 should do the trick : )
Old 09-25-22, 01:03 PM
Crank294

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, the QM42 does fit, but its strange fitting as you don't screw through the caliper then through the Qm42 and onto the fork. The QM2 screws onto the fork with supplied bolts then you need to screw the caliper but no suppled bolts. I used the old bolts but had to cut them down as they are too long. All up and running now.
Old 09-25-22, 02:54 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Crank294
Hi, the QM42 does fit, but its strange fitting as you don't screw through the caliper then through the Qm42 and onto the fork. The QM2 screws onto the fork with supplied bolts then you need to screw the caliper but no suppled bolts. I used the old bolts but had to cut them down as they are too long. All up and running now.
Typically most of the adapters I have used have all been bolt on to the frame or fork and then bolt the caliper on. You might need different bolts here and there but it also could be the bolts supplied are for the caliper and you would use the old bolts for the adapter but it can vary. Not a huge deal. easy enough to find some good stainless steel bolts and a medium strength thread locking compound or even some nice colored bolts or if you are really about the bling and not about the weight fully forged titanium bolts from ProTi would be the trick.