Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What's the fastest you've gone on your bike?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What's the fastest you've gone on your bike?

Old 03-26-23, 10:20 AM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1590 Post(s)
Liked 2,486 Times in 1,188 Posts
Originally Posted by retswerb
Just looked up the Flexy Racer - now that looks like a terrible idea and a great time!
Riding Flexi Racers in La Jolla - Via Capri and Hillside Drive - YouTube
Raced a guy on a Flexi with a soapbox derby cart that had won first place in a local competition. Got dusted. Then again, he ended up head first into a curb at the bottom of the hill.
Likes For curbtender:
Old 03-26-23, 11:53 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,826 Posts
Just searched some Stava history and found that in 2021 I did a flat 1/4mile at an average of 29 MPH (max speed of 31) at a hair over 400 Watts. It made me fastest in the 65-70 group and #40 overall. But then I live in the boonies without the crush of talented cyclists found in Seattle. I would more than likely be 140 there or worse. Big fish, small pond. Still happy with the result from my old legs. Time to go do some hill work.

Old 03-28-23, 12:57 AM
MagnaRota

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
25 MPH. But I am almost always on dual-use trails with pedestrians (many elderly with visible infirmity) and a posted limit of 8 or 12 MPH which I neither observe nor ignore.