Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

My Bannard Sunny

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

My Bannard Sunny

Old 12-20-16, 10:00 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
My Bannard Sunny

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 12-21-16 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-21-16, 06:55 AM
12boy

Bikes: brompton sl, surly steamroller, fuji track, gary fisher bmx minivelo etc

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
You have done a very nice job with that bike which I understand was built up by you from the frame. All the bits go together so well. If it rides and works as well as it is pretty you really (or your wife, 'cause it is hers, isn't it) have a jewel. Almost a shame to ride it and allow its pulchritudinous to be marred by the inevitable dirts, scrapes and dings all well used bikes seem to inevitably collect.
Old 12-21-16, 07:32 AM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Originally Posted by 12boy
You have done a very nice job with that bike which I understand was built up by you from the frame. All the bits go together so well. If it rides and works as well as it is pretty you really (or your wife, 'cause it is hers, isn't it) have a jewel. Almost a shame to ride it and allow its pulchritudinous to be marred by the inevitable dirts, scrapes and dings all well used bikes seem to inevitably collect.
Thanks. It was actually rebuilt from a complete bike. Intact from the original bike are the seatpost, bottom bracket, pedals, chain, cogset, derailleur, wheels, fork, headset, steerer spacers, cables and of course, the frame. It rides very nice. Smooth and quiet. It only sees the street on dry days.
Old 12-21-16, 03:47 PM
Rick Imby

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
No Way Abu...

You make them too pretty to ride... Beat that thing up a little so you aren't scared to throw a leg over it...

Grin

Nice looking ride.
Old 12-21-16, 10:04 PM
foldingdroid

Bikes: Birdy Monocoque, Riteway Glacier, Gios Antico

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hermosa bicicleta!
Old 12-21-16, 10:24 PM
Abu Mahendra

¡Gracias!

Originally Posted by foldingdroid
Hermosa bicicleta!
Old 12-22-16, 12:37 AM
pinholecam

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 96 Posts
Another nice build!

I am more appreciative that you went down from Bali to Singapore to pick this "unknown" brand and built it up so nicely.
There is just a lack of appreciation of bikes beyond the mainstream over here.
As long as its not the 'branded' Bromptons, Dahon, Tern, etc, folks here just seldom see beyond the badge on a bike to just appreciate them for what they are (or can be).

Thumbs up to you.

Last edited by pinholecam; 12-22-16 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-01-17, 11:29 PM
Abu Mahendra

A little Bannard therapy

...apropos a couple of changes. Replaced the stock tires whose sidewalks were beginning to crack with Duranos (and subsequently to 37-451 Maxxis Torch), and installed a leather-lined Zefal cage.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 04-04-17 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-02-17, 07:33 AM
12boy

Bikes: brompton sl, surly steamroller, fuji track, gary fisher bmx minivelo etc

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Shore is pristine. Does it get ridden a lot? If so you are doing a great job keeping it new looking.
Old 04-02-17, 06:23 PM
Abu Mahendra

Pristine is about right. It doesn't get ridden a lot, no. Just around town on café-touring duty on dry days only. The Dahon Dash is the scarred daily driver. Eventually, as soon as I can locate suitable brackets, the Sunny will get mounted on a living room wall, to be ridden only sporadically.

Originally Posted by 12boy
Shore is pristine. Does it get ridden a lot? If so you are doing a great job keeping it new looking.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 04-07-17 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-13-18, 04:49 AM
Abu Mahendra

Old 04-30-18, 07:48 PM
Abu Mahendra

Old 04-30-18, 08:27 PM
pinholecam

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 96 Posts
Super Nice!
Old 07-31-18, 05:50 AM
Abu Mahendra

Old 07-31-18, 06:20 AM
BromptonINrio
Stardust

Bikes: Dahon Curve Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton M6r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Beautifull mini velo!
Old 07-31-18, 06:23 AM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by BromptonINrio
Beautifull mini velo!
Obrigado.
Old 07-31-18, 06:48 AM
Roegmann

Bikes: Pacific Cycles GT, Downtube Mini 2015 version, LitePro Crius 14"

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Beautiful. The frame sure has some nice lines and symmetry to it. I know it will sound silly, but the bike looks peaceful. Maybe it is the color or just the location of the shoot.
Your photos seem very sharp and detailed. Are you using a digital SLR instead of a camera-phone?
Old 07-31-18, 06:21 PM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by Roegmann
Beautiful. The frame sure has some nice lines and symmetry to it. I know it will sound silly, but the bike looks peaceful. Maybe it is the color or just the location of the shoot.
Your photos seem very sharp and detailed. Are you using a digital SLR instead of a camera-phone?
hi, thanks...funny that some say no one cares about minivelos. My experience, based on actually owning and riding one around, is that people are genuinely curious about these small wheelers. Without fail every time i take the Sunny out, i get questions, compliments, and folks snap pictures of it on their cell phones. Just yesterday, one guy approached me on a scooter, and yelled out, "fantastic bike!". Another told me once that it is the most beautiful bike he had ever seen, and he was a cyclist too. There are a couple of shops even that will build you a custom, hand-made minivelo here, albeit with Hi-Ten steel, all at extremely affordable prices. Bring a design, with the specs and measurements you desire, and they'll build it for you from scratch in a matter of weeks. No one is getting exploited, no sweat shops, no exorbitant prices. We really are spoiled for choice here.

Here's just one example, its design cues clearly adopted from Castro Bike.

All pix here are with a cell phone. Except for the initial ones in post #1 , taken with a Canon M3, and post #11 taken with a Canon 6D. Photography is my other hobby.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 07-31-18 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-01-18, 03:42 AM
keke

Bikes: Dahon Mu P8 and Mezzo D9

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Nice looking bike. Does it fold?
Old 08-01-18, 04:00 AM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by keke
Nice looking bike. Does it fold?
no, it does not fold.
Old 08-01-18, 07:09 AM
Roegmann

Bikes: Pacific Cycles GT, Downtube Mini 2015 version, LitePro Crius 14"

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Abu. I'm a Nikon man (learned from my father). I don't use my DSLR nearly as much as I should given the investment. Mostly contests, e.g. surfing, lacrosse, etc. Several years ago, I got a Leica "point-and-shoot" (POS) that allowed you to add lenses to it. Even though the sensor, etc. is older, I find myself using it the most, because I can load up the lenses in a big shaving kit and have almost every need covered. I just wish that Leica had continued that feature. I guess you can make the argument that mirrorless cameras have supplanted that need (even though they are bigger), so why bother advancing the POS lens adaptability technology.

I have an iPhone and have been itching to buy-try the Moment series of lenses just for travel/biking convenience sake (why take 2-3 cameras with accompanying accessories, when one phone would suffice?). I wonder if anyone has tried using it here, especially in place of a GoPro-type set-up. Of course this "conversation" is straying from the forum topic of biking per se and should probably be saved for PM-ing.
Old 10-05-20, 04:27 PM
Ranggakadabra

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
Thanks. It was actually rebuilt from a complete bike. Intact from the original bike are the seatpost, bottom bracket, pedals, chain, cogset, derailleur, wheels, fork, headset, steerer spacers, cables and of course, the frame. It rides very nice. Smooth and quiet. It only sees the street on dry days.
Can you share me geometry about this bike sir..i really love it
Old 10-05-20, 04:44 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranggakadabra
Can you share me geometry about this bike sir..i really love it
Abu Mahendra quit the forums awhile back,... It would be nice to see him return.
Old 10-21-20, 01:42 AM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Abu Mahendra quit the forums awhile back,... It would be nice to see him return.
Oh that would be hilarious. The last time I saw Abu was on the Velo-Orange blog chewing them out about their Neutrino mini velo. Fun guy!
Old 10-21-20, 04:15 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
Oh that would be hilarious. The last time I saw Abu was on the Velo-Orange blog chewing them out about their Neutrino mini velo. Fun guy!
Hmmm,...you have a point there. He's definitely got a superiority complex, as well as delusions of persecution.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.