Search this Thread

Old 02-28-22, 08:08 PM
notwist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Skyline Drive in March

Can anyone comment on riding Skyline Drive in early March? I realize the road can be closed depending on the weather but just want to get an idea if there are people riding it around this time year. Planning on a long weekend of riding somewhere drive-able and with (somewhat) warmer temps than here in the Northeast.
Old 03-02-22, 05:57 PM
blazin
Blazer of saddles, trails

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Definitely rideable in March. Likely to have less traffic than later in summer or fall, particularly mid-week. Weather can be changeable, and significantly colder and/or windier up top than in the valley, so just be prepared for that. Also there won’t be any services available in the park (maybe the Big Meadows gas station is open?) so plan to carry all the water/snack you’ll need.
Old 03-04-22, 08:29 AM
tcarson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Skyline drive on my list this year. Driven on it several times but being to stop and look out will be great.