Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

I have an addiction!

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

I have an addiction!

Old 04-16-23, 02:50 PM
RocketRonnie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an addiction!

Hi All,

I'm not new to bikes . My GT Performer BMX was basically another limb in the 90's and since then I've biked to work in the past on bikes I never took notice of, if I couldn't afford the bus fair.

But just lately at the age of 37 bikes have become a small obsession. It started with a GT Avalanche hardtail BMX bike that I bought during COVID to ride Cannock chase .
That bike has been used by sparingly to be honest but was crazy fun!
Then I decided to commute on a bike everyday (even though now I have a good enough job to be able to own a car), So I bought a Boardman HYB 8.6.
​​​​​I commute to work now every day but now I have a few bikes to choose from .
A Retro GT Tequesta with BMX bars as it was too small , but too cool to sell.A Saracen backtrack that cost me £30 and works flawlessly and fits me . And now a Peugeot that I just bought today and am yet to find out what it is .. but it works .

So yeah , that's my introduction .. only 9 posts to go until I can post pics of them 🙂
Old 04-17-23, 09:46 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
How far is the commute?

Old 04-25-23, 11:31 PM
Bmblb

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ha ha...I can relate to you. Having recently rebuilt my first hybrid and looking at touring, I can't wait to restore another - almost picked up a bare frame - thankfully, the impulse passed... ( 4 more to go before I can post pics
Old 04-26-23, 02:25 AM
rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 86 Posts
I hear ya

Yeah I've got a road race bike, a touring bike , and 90s mountain bike . So I got 3 categories covered , and the other day I bought a NOS 1977 Raleigh Competition GS. I couldn't resist as I have 3 other vintage Raleighs that I really like the ride feel on these bikes . My rational is I can sell them, and a lot cheaper than a collector car , or sports cars ..😋👍
Old 04-26-23, 05:26 AM
Galdor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!!