Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

TOSRV 2022 Edition

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

TOSRV 2022 Edition

Old 08-25-22, 07:05 PM
look566 rider

Bikes: Waterford R33, 2019 Infinito, Gunnar Roadie, 1999 Colnago Tecnos, '04 Cannondale Optimo 800 & '51 Rudge Sports, Colnago Tecnos, Tom Kellogg Merlin..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 41 Posts
TOSRV 2022 Edition

Good day all,

Know this tour is not what is used to be, still lots of fun and a great ride! Have signed up for my 10th? just tonight. September 24 & 25 this year.

Anyone else planning on riding this tour?

Best,

Mike
Old 08-26-22, 07:49 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
I did it twice, both when it was held in the spring. The ride had a rep for bad weather: rain, wind, frost... almost anything except warm and sunny. I think they selected the weekend specifically because spring weather was so unstable. I did it a second time when my 'friend' convinced me to try again against my better judgment. It lived down to my expectations that time, too. Between the weather and the parking in downtown Columbus, I swore I'd never do it again. So now they're holding it in the fall? You'll have to report back here to tell us how it went.
Old 08-27-22, 06:54 AM
look566 rider

Bikes: Waterford R33, 2019 Infinito, Gunnar Roadie, 1999 Colnago Tecnos, '04 Cannondale Optimo 800 & '51 Rudge Sports, Colnago Tecnos, Tom Kellogg Merlin..

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 41 Posts
Was changed to fall ride due to dropping numbers and SO many other rides available. Rode last year and weather was terrific.

Weather previously was yes, a mixed bag, but part of the charm.
Old 08-28-22, 01:54 AM
buck1973

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
I did it twice, both when it was held in the spring. The ride had a rep for bad weather: rain, wind, frost... almost anything except warm and sunny. I think they selected the weekend specifically because spring weather was so unstable. I did it a second time when my 'friend' convinced me to try again against my better judgment. It lived down to my expectations that time, too. Between the weather and the parking in downtown Columbus, I swore I'd never do it again. So now they're holding it in the fall? You'll have to report back here to tell us how it went.
They changed the start location to Canal Winchester a couple of years ago.
Old 08-28-22, 03:47 PM
Wilbur Bud

Bikes: Longbikes Slipstream

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
Did that a few times, nice ride except for a couple railroad tracks, yes weather, everyone should try it once.