Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Awsome day for me!

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Awsome day for me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-05, 07:38 PM
ridehard
Stock 04 Kona scrap

Bikes: 04 Kona scrap

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awsome day for me!

Well, no, I didn't get a new bike, but I set two new personal records today: I did a 5 foot drop off of a 10 inch wide park bench to flat, and that is not an exagerated 5 feet, or a "ok its 4 and 3 inches so better round up" lol. Also, what was just as cool was I pulled my longest wheelie today. I started at the turn in my street, which is a dead end, went right up the whole street, which was already beating my previous longest wheelie, turned at a stop sign (90 degree turn) and kept going down this town line road until the next stop sign. I will end up measuring it, but as of now after asking my mom also I have come to the conclusion it was anout 1 and 1/2 km's. Not to shaby eh? Heres the real catch, I was on my friends 400$ Gary Fisher that I had only riden once before!
My forearms were done! Completely numb, I was going to stop, but I could just see the stop sign there. And what reall got me mad was the fact that I had more in me and could have kept on going if there wasn't 5 cars going by. I even tried to make it up the curb and get onto the sidewalk but I was too tired.
But yeah awsome riding day having fun cant wait untill next spring Kona stinky!
Old 05-26-05, 07:45 PM
irishmcmorgan
old school hollywood

Bikes: a couple

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dude thats awsome.....nice weelie thats really long!!!
Old 05-26-05, 07:46 PM
Funkychicken
mmm... chicken!

Bikes: 04 Kona Blast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1.5 km that's mad, good stuff, sounds like your friend's Fisher is suited to you - go "procure" it!
Old 05-26-05, 07:48 PM
ridehard
Stock 04 Kona scrap

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks alot guys! And Honestly I cant stand his bike! I think it is horrible to ride, I can hardly bunnyhop it, and things like that. I also think it feels horrible to wheely, but it seemed like once I started I was joking around but once I broke my previous record I wanted it so bad I just had to hang on! But really I dont like the bike, but that is ok still.
**O and not sure if it was clear enough but the drop was done on my scrap, just the wheely was on my friends bike.
Old 05-27-05, 04:34 AM
Cornish_Rdr_UK
Withdrawal Symptoms!

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 And identit Dr Jekyll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great job, any pics of the drop?
Old 05-27-05, 05:52 AM
[bEn]
Just Ride

Bikes: 2005 Giant Yukon with the works.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pics would be great, but well done man. 1.5km is pritty big, i can probably just reach a 50m wheelie on my bike.
Old 05-27-05, 06:00 AM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Liked 93 Times in 32 Posts
That is awesome, congrats. I do good to ride a wheelie for 5 feet. Never have been able to ride one for some reason.
Old 05-27-05, 08:55 PM
ridehard
Stock 04 Kona scrap

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I can, I will get pics of the drop. But I dont own a digital camera, or a scanner. I will try my best because my aunt does have on ebut it will probably take a while. a picture of the wheelie would be kinda pointless but If I ca get one I will. I have been in the paper before with a pic of me wheelying lol.
Old 05-27-05, 09:16 PM
swifferman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What the heck kind of park bench is 5 feet off the ground?
Old 05-27-05, 09:21 PM
ridehard
Stock 04 Kona scrap

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You have never seen a park bleacher before? It is on the edge of a baseball field so the people can have a better veiw. I am dead serious I am not making this up, There are two of them at the park at the end of my street. The top one is about 8 feet high, the bottom about 1 and 1/2 feet high.
Old 05-27-05, 09:33 PM
MadMan2k
Perpetual n00b

Bikes: '18 Kona Explosif, '18 Sunday Primer BMX, Giant Roam (ss converted), Old Peugeot (SS converted, broken)

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
That's really cool. I wish I could wheelie for that long... I try to practice them at least 1/2 hour a day, but its slower to learn without brakes, which I refuse to use in mid-wheelie.
Old 05-28-05, 04:08 PM
ridehard
Stock 04 Kona scrap

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I went out riding with my buddy, and was I impressed! He waas doing big stair gaps, and did this parking lot to parking lot (with about a 5 and 1/2 foot elavation change gap. It was awsome.
But he still cant get his wheelies for more than about 5 hundred feet, but still he is really good. I did a wheely again today on my own bike almost as far as the one the other day, but not quite as far, but this time I went around two corners.
What else is awsome is that my buddy can get on the bike backwards, start pedaling (while going backwards, then sit on the bars and go around the block like that. I tried it but I could only go about 10 feet. I gues not bad for my first time but still how he does it is awsome.
Old 05-28-05, 05:38 PM
.:MTB:.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You should start flatland BMXing.
Old 05-28-05, 06:32 PM
ridehard
Stock 04 Kona scrap

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont really think I would like it. I may be not to bad at it, but wow, those guys are amazing, and I dont think I would have fun. The stuff I do isn't like what they do, it is more along the lines of trails riding actually, but I still have the most fun while I am freeriding.
Old 05-29-05, 12:04 AM
.:MTB:.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You certainly seem to have the balance necessary for it.