Old 02-25-23, 07:23 AM
jlippinbike

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Which state in the US is probably the nicest in which to ride brevets and perms?

I like 200k+ routes that are designed with low to moderate traffic volume. I like them to have a food stop option open 24/7 about every 35 to 40 miles, but up to 65 or 70 miles is OK in moderation. I like rivers, lakes, maybe the ocean, and historical landmarks like old wooden covered bridges. Yeah, I know. I'm describing the Delaware Valley region between NJ and PA where I live. It really is nice to design routes near my home. But do any of you out there have any other recommendations for locations that are great for setting up a network of 200k, 300k, 400k, and 1000k brevets and/or perms? And don't forget to explain why your chosen location is so great. Maybe you'll convince me to rent a camping location for two weeks and come visit to ride a bunch of routes that are either already designed or that I'd design myself after being won over? Let me know if loop routes are hard to design there, or that out-and-back routes are the only practical way to go.