View Single Post
Old 10-03-19, 05:49 AM
gster

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1030 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Ged117
I'm going to see what I think is a 1940s-1950s CCM ladies model tomorrow morning. Next week I'm picking up a '72 Sports, again ladies model. I plan to use the components from the Raleigh (AW and switch gear, likely brake calipers too) for the CCM. I think the CCM has a coaster brake and I can't see any rim brakes in the below photos. Do you fellows think it has the coaster brake? Reviewing the catalogue I found online for 1951 CCM ladies models, they could have a coaster hub, a free wheel, or a SA three speed. I think this one has a coaster. I really like the CCM design and colour, and I think she will too. I also like that it is a piece of Canadian industrial heritage. Does anyone know more about this era of CCM? I don't know very much. I imagine it would be relatively simple to install an AW equipped 26 x 1 3/8 rim, and the seller claims the bike has 26" wheels (not the 28" Canadian rims I expected), but we'll see tomorrow. I'm hoping all the frames were drilled for rim brakes, even if they weren't fitted to this one. It is an interesting bicycle for sure. I think that is a Brooks saddle, but it could be something else.

You can join/post photos and questions on this site
Vintage CCM

I've had a few CCM 3 speeds in the past but
decided to limit my insanity to English bikes...