MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10176 Post(s)
Liked 5,872 Times in 3,161 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Ever since COVID, reading what people express on social media has left me unsettled. I feel like there’s so many hostile people in the world and somehow COVID has brought voice to the hostility. It’s weird, but on a subconscious level it has kind of left me uncomfortable with road riding. Not that COVID has brought up anything about bikes. But more that you realize there’s a lot of people who aggressively have no regard for their fellow human beings. At least that’s how it feels to me. I still ride the road, of course, but I don’t feel the same way about it. I feel hugely less vulnerable out on trails. We have very few trails at home sadly. So I’m gorging on it while I can.
COVID has certainly been a focal point, but I think lots of ugliness is nearer the surface for many reasons and some people are interpreting political messaging as license to stop adhering to social norms or act out. It’s very scary and I’m glad I live where I do. I don’t feel any more threatened on the roads than usual.
Likes For MoAlpha: