MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10182 Post(s)
Liked 5,885 Times in 3,171 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
So closed 4 hours later than proposed. We had to write a check to cover last minute cost got the keys and left. We already had the van loaded up full with boxes and painting supplies, so we went straight to the house. As I am pulling the first box out of the car we get a phone call from the office. They did the math wrong we have to bring a check immediately for more money.

I think I invented new words, I don’t think I have ever been so angry in my life. Btw the office is 45 mins away from where our new house is, and it was rush hour at this point. Needless to say I got zero painting done today.

With the celebration all done, all I can say is, if I stuck to rule number 2, everything would have been fine.
Glad it's finally over!

Sounds like a very bad closing company. We have bought four houses and sold three and never had a delay or glitch that I remember. In fact, I got the impression the offices we used were so efficient, careful, and customer-oriented, that they would have eaten the charge if they had left something out.