View Single Post
Old 07-19-19, 08:41 PM
Cycle Tourist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Jp42
A. My original photo shows the serial number, I knew what it was.
B. I did all the clean up and work to it, the current owner did nothing.
C. I also have access to ebay, where you need to pay bribes, er fees to sell something.

No seller's remorse here, and yes he can ask whatever he wants for it. I never asked for a share of the profit (if he makes any).

Just wondered who else has run into this situation before.
I can dig it but I have to agree that you need to let it go figuratively as well as actually. I have resisted parting out bikes because I hate the idea of dismantling a bike that, with a small investment could be someone's cherished possession but I've put new tape on a bike and photographed it well and made $100. Many times the profitable thing to do was part a bike out and sell the frame. My last flip netted $25 for two weeks work. It was a beautiful bike that the owner loved so I was good with it. If he had parted out all my careful work and made a large profit, (possible), I'd be disappointed but who knows. Maybe all the parts would wind up on a even better resortation and the upgraded frame end up remade back to it's original configuration. Matter can never be created or distroyed.