Old 09-20-20, 09:24 PM
missinglink

Bikes: 2013 Marin Redwood - 2015 Specialized Allez Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by JGaerlan
Missinglink, there's always hope to find the holy grail of bike position. I stopped for about a year due to groin numbness so I can feel your dilemma. Suggest googling crank forward bikes, feet forward design, comfort bikes, & cruiser bikes. Basically bikes where the crank is forward of the seat tube. It's not as sporty looking as a road bike, but reduces pressure on the groin, shoulder and wrists. You ride more upright so you won't be aero. Maybe rent the most common of this bike design like the Electra Townie to give it a try. Other designs that comes to mind is Day6 bicycles, KHS Manhattan etc. Hope you find the Holy Grail.
Thank you for the encouragement.
The Marin Redwood I started out on in 2013 was/is actually a plush ride. Since my wife has taken over that bike, I may look for something similar. I wish she would just trade bikes with me, because she fits and rides the Allez well. Oddly enough, she prefers the specialized Toupe saddle (the original Allez saddle) on the Marin.
Now that you've started me thinking, I'm wondering about trying the original Marin saddle on the Allez.

I need to let myself heal up for a few days before I do anything though.