View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 03:28 PM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by revcp
Leaving from the Twin Cities June 9 for a tour. We were planning on hitting the Katy Trail around June 17 at Marthasville, taking it west to Windsor and then heading to Kansas. Problem is about 100 miles of the trail is under water, so it's basically closed. Looking for a reroute that, if possible, will still take us through Columbia to see friends. Any experience out there?
Can’t help on the reroute, but it looks like at least the portion from Boonville to Clinton is unaffected. When I was riding the Katy Trail a few weeks ago, levels were already high, but it has been raining quite a bit since then. I hate to admit it, but this in now the 4th place I’ve toured in the past few years that has seen major damage shortly thereafter. Florida Keys hurricane, Florida Panhandle hurricane, Big Sur bridge washout/massive landslide, and now the Katy Trail flood and major tornado in Jefferson City two blocks from the hotel I stayed in. It’s either really good timing, or I leave a path of destruction in my wake.