MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10176 Post(s)
Liked 5,873 Times in 3,161 Posts
Originally Posted by surgeonstone
Hey all. I ride a Crumpton with Campy Record 10 speed purchased in 2004 , new super torque chai wheel set.

‘I have a click, seems towards the front end and right side. It comes with pedal position of right crank from 2-3 o’clock. Sometimes also on left but mostly right. When moving along on the flats without hard effort it is not present. When the pressure increases or I start going uphill it comes on. Present in or out of saddle, large or small chain wheel and any of rear sprockets. All bolts , screws etc tight, no sign of chain or wheel rub on front deraillure cage. Any ideas what could be causing it? It. Is. Driving. Me. Nuts !!!
if you’re like me, the answer will come to you like a bolt from the blue after about seven months of agony. However, in the meantime, grease anything which contacts a dropout, nip up your seat and stem bolts, and put your keys in a different pocket. If you’re bored, overhaul your BB. One more observation: echolocation by the rider, in these cases, is practically useless.
Likes For MoAlpha: