MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10176 Post(s)
Liked 5,872 Times in 3,161 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
Don't you have to eat that stuff like candy in order for it to start messing with you? Rare, but I'll take 800mg of ibuprofin at the end of a particularly hard week, which helps with the restless legs I get, at times. Heck, I might take 800 in a two or week week period, total. It's likely my guts would have likely been taken down by the not over the counter stuff, or the legally bought, most horrible drug known to man garbage that I can buy in any liquor store or supermarket.
Yes. Anyone who needs it should just be aware that it's got some risks, but it's very effective and certainly the first thing I reach for for any significant pain.

Real geeks don't like it after workouts because of a largely theoretical possibility of suppressing the inflammatory mechanisms involved in the muscle response to exercise, but I don't know anyone like that.

Incidentally, if you are getting relief from restless legs with ibuprofen, you are a lucky man. That disease is looking more and more like a genetic disorder of iron metabolism and there are a few people out there diagnosing and treating it intelligently.