View Single Post
Old 07-16-19, 01:49 PM
Cycle Tourist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluesfrog
I did twelve years all seasons to work and wondered how many folks do that? I only bike about eight miles, but eight miles in winter can be tough. After semi-retiring I am less dedicated. At 0200 a few days ago it was already 78* in Misery and I decided to drive. What a wuss. I guess I'm not as dedicated as I used to be. I'm 67 and have a few wrecked body parts so it is interesting. But that is the way life can be. How about you folks? I can't believe I misspelled dyed but it was pointed out in a humorous way. Be Well. Bluesfrog
I did 20 miles to work and 20 back every day for about six years. I do live in San Diego so it was never really cold but sometimes wet. I really loved it and it put me in good shape for touring. I'm retired and cranking about 20 a day now at a reduced pace. My day in the saddle on tours has increased in time but stayed the same in distance. (70 miles). Compared to my retired friends I'm a super athlete.
I think being a dedicated commuter is one of the best things you can do. Raising your blood pressure fighting through traffic so you can get home and spend a couple of hours at the gym is nuts!