View Single Post
Old 12-06-20, 01:01 PM
tigrrrlily

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Takes way too long to get warmed up

I've always had this issue, seemingly regardless my level of fitness at the time: it takes me way longer than average to get to the point where I can actually perform at the level I'm capable of. I've been riding on Zwift lately, and with the timer and the readouts it has become very obvious that I'm somewhat of an outlier in how long it takes for me to get into the swing of things.
When I say long, I'm talking 30-45 minutes until I feel fully warmed up. I could try to hurry this along, but that just results in discomfort and crappy performance regardless. Even on social rides, I have to ask my fiancée to slow down when we get started, then after 45 minutes it's her turn to complain about the fast pace.

I guess I'm looking for some insight from people who feel like they might have a similar issue. Googling around for possible causes or ways of getting around it has proven fruitless. Do you feel like you take an inordinately long time to warm up? What strategies do you have to speed up the process? How do you deal with it in a social exercise / sport setting?