Old 08-12-19, 02:32 PM
rebecca 1965

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grey_Lady333
Hm. I'm not sure what to make of this. I mean, on one hand, it's good to know that I should look for a 7 speed recumbent bike.... but I've yet to find any 7 speed, recumbent bikes with storage space. Getting to the store does me no good if I can't get the groceries and such home. So in trying to listen to the advice here, does anyone know a single bike that meets these high standards? I don't mean to be difficult, but I'm not finding anything on google, amazon, nothing.

As to budget.... my wife spent 200$ on her last car, buying it from family. Before that, we had a used car that was 2,000$, which was the most expensive thing we've ever bought, and we had to use all the money/gifts from our wedding to make said purchase. With our medical bills, we have thousands in debt, and our bank account hasn't been over 1,000$ in years. I could sell the walmart gift card to my mother for cash to go someplace else, but I couldn't spend 500$ on a bike even if I wanted to. So yea. If the so called 'cheap' bikes of 200$ in my price range are as terrible as people say, I may have to just give up on biking altogether.
Try used bike shops. I had to pay someone 80.00 to drive me 6 hours there and back out of my city Etobicoke .I ended up paying 125.00 for my bike after I haggled a bit .Try looking on Kijiji & Facebook Market Place or Yard sales . I think all the bikes go on sale in the fall. If you want to tell me where your city or Town is I can look for you I do research for a living Lolll.Rebecca