Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

WADA widens net on Performance-Enhancing Drugs. Please ban these PED's WADA?.

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-10, 09:05 AM
Chapeau!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ettore Torri says "The longer I'm involved in this the more it marvels me how widespread doping is. And I don't think it will be eradicated."
Correct!.

Only one has to look at all the juice posted in this thread.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100922/...da_banned_list

By STEPHEN WILSON, AP Sports Writer Stephen Wilson, Ap Sports Writer –

LONDON – The World Anti-Doping Agency has widened the net on performance-enhancing drugs by creating a new class of banned substances that includes drugs sold on the black market before approval by the pharmaceutical industry.

The "net" needs to be cast very wide indeed.

I'm going to regularly update this list for every drug that is noted to increase athletic performance that WADA & the UCI need to go after & ban outright. Any rider taking these drugs/supplements over that of a "clean" rider will have the major advantage & until these drugs are eradicated from the peleton/track cycling, the racing will never be on a level playing field. As long as the MANY drugs I list on here are still with us in the peleton, the sport of cycling WILL NEVER BE CLEAN.

First off, any rider stacking/consuming the "3 major players" below (or any of the 3), will encounter MASSIVE gains in performance, strength, endurance & power (straight off the bat), regardless of age/experience/training OVER that of a clean rider.

Beta-Alanine
"Advanced" Creatine (Not Monohydrate alone)
Carnosine

TC: Speaking of endurance, what can you tell me about this study from South Korea on Olympic caliber cyclists?

JS: Sure, in a study presented just this summer, Dr. Kim from South Korea, examined the effects of supplementing Olympic caliber cyclist on either beta-alanine (4.8 g per day) or placebo while training for 12 weeks.

The beta-alanine group increased their carnosine levels by 33%, thus increasing anaerobic threshold and time to exhaustion, while the placebo group saw no or very little change.

The placebo group changes are typical in elite athletes as very intense training results in very small performance changes in elite athletes. But the effect of supplementing beta-alanine is huge and could be the difference between a medal and not finishing in the top 10.

• Increases anaerobic threshold (muscular endurance)
• Increases aerobic threshold (endurance in general)
• Increases physical work capacity
• Increases lean mass
• Increases intercellular carnosine levels dramatically in both fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscles
• Decreases body fat (possibly)

https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...CA8F37DA.hydra

Harris speculates that at normal levels, carnosine contributes to roughly 20% of the buffering capacity in muscle. He believes if you can double carnosine levels with beta-alanine supplementation, you also double your muscles' buffering capacity.

Knowledge.

https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ment_superstar

When you combine creatine and beta-alanine, your training volume goes up and you get stronger. The athletes were able to knock out more reps with the same weights, and although this was the case with the other groups, it happened to a greater and more significant extent in the creatine plus beta-alanine group.

What's crazy about this study (besides me being so vague) is that the subjects were Olympic caliber athletes! More on this soon!

Also lets have these on the banned list too, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Central Nervous System Stimulants.

Acetyl-L Carnitine Arginate
Citrulline Malate
Alpha GPC
DMAE
L-Tyrosine
N Acetyl Cysteine
Piracetam
Aniracetam
Glucoronolactone Caffeine
Oxiractam
Indium
Taurine
L- Carnitine
Ribose
Pyruvate
Tribulus
Rhodiola Rosea
Cordyceps
L- Glutamine
Choline
Inositol
Inosine
L-Arginine/L-Ornithine Formula
Pycnogenol
Creatine ethyl ester

Failure to do so = A doped rider. A rider who has gained a significant advantage.

I will keep the list updated.

WADA taking action now will see cycling return to the days of desire, determination, heart, guts, dedication, discipline (what cycling should be all about) & not the rider who has the advanced knowledge on which "stacks, non illegal products" produce the best results. We will return to the days of who trains the hardest, who has the higher VO2max getting the results they deserve. Until all these drugs/supplementary aids are eradicated (dope), the sport of cycling WILL NEVER BE CLEAN.

All the top guys (Cancellara/Gilbert/Tony Martin/Vino/Armstrong/Phinney etc) are ALL "doping", just not with illegal juice.

Its upto the UCI & WADA to take a stance. If not, your not cleaning up the sport & without eradicating ALL the KNOWN stimulants, non-illegal "pharmaceutical cocktails" & muscle/latic acid buffers, you never will.

Claims being made by some of the companies (spending millions to back-up the research).

*** ***** PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

1. Increased Lean Body Mass
2. Dramatic Strength & Endurance
3. Increased Protein Synthesis
4. Faster Recuperation From Exercise
5. Increased Vascularity
6. Better Nutrient Usage
7. Enhanced Endogenous Creatine Production
8. Stimulates A Positive Nitrogen Balance
9. Zero SUGAR and Carbs
10. GUARANTEED RESULTS!

Why buy **** *?

Buffer lactic acid
Improve creatine use
Improve workout performance

There are 5 key areas of interest that ************ ****** addresses:

1. Stimulates Protein Synthesis.
2. Reduces Fatigue
3. Increases Strength
4. Increases mental focus
5. Raises blood Arginine levels for increased Pumps

All these products are lined with the likes of beta-alanine, creatine, carnosine, carnitine, malate etc with a built in "transport" system.

All legal.

I'm currently juicing with a product called Jack3d. Now, you would have a difficult time convincing me EPO is any better than that product having experienced both.

Last edited by Chapeau!; 10-18-10 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-18-10, 01:17 PM
procrit
carbon is too light

Bikes: Yes.

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Chapeau!
I'm currently juicing with a product called Jack3d. Now, you would have a difficult time convincing me EPO is any better than that product having experienced both.
BAHAHAHA. Joke right?
Old 10-18-10, 05:26 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last summer I was about 4 1/2 hours into a ride and dragging ass a little. I stopped and had a Coke and a king sized Snickers. It was pretty amazing the effect it had on me. Next thing I know I was charging up hills. The effectiveness of the stuff listed by the OP won't have nearly the effect my mid-ride snack had on me. Don't take the pictures on the links too serious.
Old 10-18-10, 07:05 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked 1,131 Times in 660 Posts
WADA should ban the use of food and oxygen. The performance enhancing properties of these two substances is nearly 100%.
Old 10-18-10, 07:53 PM
CPcyclist

Bikes: Lemond Arrivee, Felt F1 Road, Tomac Revolver(full), GT race (hardtail)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
also Dihydro-Monoxide... nearly every on who uses this stuff has enhanced performance and everyone who uses it becomes addicted and will die if they are taken off. It is also found in lots of toxic substances. What are we doing to ourselves?
Old 10-19-10, 02:22 AM
FastFreddy
Vino 4-ever

Bikes: road, mtn, and several commuter bikes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WADA taking action now will see cycling return to the days of desire, determination, heart, guts, dedication, discipline (what cycling should be all about) & not the rider who has the advanced knowledge on which "stacks, non illegal products" produce the best results. We will return to the days of who trains the hardest, who has the higher VO2max getting the results they deserve. Until all these drugs/supplementary aids are eradicated (dope), the sport of cycling WILL NEVER BE CLEAN.

You imply that there was a time when cycling was "clean". From what I've read about cycling history, doping has always been a part of the sport. It wasn't banned the whole time but they've been doing it all along.
Mattie Ross: I am the person for it. Mama was never any good at sums and she could hardly spell “CAT”.
--from the movie True Grit (2010)
Old 10-19-10, 10:44 AM
Syscrush

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CPcyclist
also Dihydro-Monoxide... nearly every on who uses this stuff has enhanced performance and everyone who uses it becomes addicted and will die if they are taken off. It is also found in lots of toxic substances. What are we doing to ourselves?

Not to mention how popular it is among schoolkids!
Old 10-22-10, 05:31 PM
Chapeau!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by procrit
BAHAHAHA. Joke right?
The proof will be in your pudding.

EPO does nothing to buffer lactic acid.
Old 10-22-10, 07:45 PM
DCnoJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I feel like a cheater...
Old 10-22-10, 08:54 PM
Chapeau!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DCnoJ
I feel like a cheater...
Doper.

Ride clean or ride a coward.
Old 10-22-10, 09:24 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The proof will be in your pudding.

EPO does nothing to buffer lactic acid.
Of course, you realize that lactic acid is a muscle fuel, not something that makes your muscles burn. There's a reason why guys are getting busted for EPO even though they know testing is on to them. It F'n works.
Old 10-23-10, 12:50 AM
wheelgrabber

Bikes: Aegis Aro Svelte

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I suppose we need to simply ban all vitamins & minerals along with the numerous amino acids you mentioned. More importantly anything that your mitochondria like to eat should likewise be banned. These would include citric, malic acids, etc. Along with Coenzyme Q10.

Caffeine is banned; however, you would need to consume something like 10 cups of strong coffee at once to hit the doping threshold.

I'm curious why you put inositol & choline on your list. They are neurotransmitters and have nothing to do with performance enhancement. Inositol is great for a deep nights sleep if anybody has trouble.
Old 10-23-10, 02:30 AM
Oostal
still climbing

Bikes: vintage steel bikes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Also lets have these on the banned list too, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Central Nervous System Stimulants.

Acetyl-L Carnitine Arginate
Citrulline Malate
Alpha GPC
DMAE
L-Tyrosine
N Acetyl Cysteine
Piracetam
Aniracetam
Glucoronolactone Caffeine
Oxiractam
Indium
Taurine
L- Carnitine
Ribose
Pyruvate
Tribulus
Rhodiola Rosea
Cordyceps
L- Glutamine
Choline
Inositol
Inosine
L-Arginine/L-Ornithine Formula
Pycnogenol
Creatine ethyl ester

Failure to do so = A doped rider. A rider who has gained a significant advantage.

I will keep the list updated.
... will never hapen! Do you want to ban metabolism? Any normal person would have these substances in the body as they are essential for functioning. A large part of your list are just aminoacids! What next- ban H2O? Even more, for a number of these compunds you can't put an upper limit, since they vary significantly from person to person, depending on one's diet. Sure, providing the body with more protein/amino acids makes one healthier and increases muscle growth (with training), but you do not really need to eat the amino acids in a purified form. Just make a decent meal of eggs and steak and you will have a significant amount of most of these compounds in your body. Unlike bodybuilders, increased muscle mass does not translate 1:1 into better cycling performance, especially in the hills. Finally, appart from Taurine, none of them has an immediate effect on a cyclist in a competition. The latter on the other hand can be substituted with Coca Cola (and better be, since the heart rate increase with Taurine consumption cannot be so easily controlled and might not be what one looks for in the sprint finish)..

You have spent far too much time in some bodybuilders online shops. Don't believe everything they write on their bottles as their intention is just to sell. I would recommend any decent biochemistry or human physiology textbook to start with.
Old 10-23-10, 07:00 AM
learnmedia
Go, Dog. Go!

Bikes: '09 Fuji Team; '11 PedalForce QS3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oostal
... will never hapen! Do you want to ban metabolism? Any normal person would have these substances in the body as they are essential for functioning. A large part of your list are just aminoacids! What next- ban H2O? Even more, for a number of these compunds you can't put an upper limit, since they vary significantly from person to person, depending on one's diet. Sure, providing the body with more protein/amino acids makes one healthier and increases muscle growth (with training), but you do not really need to eat the amino acids in a purified form. Just make a decent meal of eggs and steak and you will have a significant amount of most of these compounds in your body. Unlike bodybuilders, increased muscle mass does not translate 1:1 into better cycling performance, especially in the hills. Finally, appart from Taurine, none of them has an immediate effect on a cyclist in a competition. The latter on the other hand can be substituted with Coca Cola (and better be, since the heart rate increase with Taurine consumption cannot be so easily controlled and might not be what one looks for in the sprint finish)..

You have spent far too much time in some bodybuilders online shops. Don't believe everything they write on their bottles as their intention is just to sell. I would recommend any decent biochemistry or human physiology textbook to start with.
+1
Why not add both simple and complex carbohydrates to the list while you're at it?

Edit: Oops. You did. Ribose.

Last edited by learnmedia; 10-23-10 at 07:11 AM.