Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Seattle swap meet, Sunday Feb 13th

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Seattle swap meet, Sunday Feb 13th

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-11, 07:34 PM
matt0ne

Bikes: 90s Gios Compact Pro. 80s Battaglin w/ Dura Ace 7400s. 70s Medici Pro Strada

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I couldn't make it. Had a work meeting and then needed some family time. Next time I hope.
Old 02-13-11, 09:31 PM
kpug505

Bikes: Motobecane Mirage fixed gear, Nashbar Alpha Road 5000, Bianchi Grizzly, Coppi Fiorelli, , Schwinn Trike, , GT All Terra, Old Peugeot, Nishiki 3 speed, Bugatti, Cannondale Black Lightning, Dura All, Bianchi Touring, Bridgestone T700 & more

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by matt0ne
I couldn't make it. Had a work meeting and then needed some family time. Next time I hope.
Hey! No worries! The Kent Armory swap is coming up soon. That's geared a bit more to the C&V crowd...

Anyways the swap was fun. The two best scores for me were a NOS Sachs Plasma RD and some REALLY clean Stonglight 49d rings. It was also nice to meet everyone!

See y'all at the next swap?

Check out my bike blog!

Last edited by kpug505; 02-13-11 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-13-11, 09:54 PM
abarth
Я люблю суп

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It was another great swap meet. I got some amazing deals. I paid $50 for a French threaded Campy NR BB and the seller throws in a 531 Moto Grand Jubilee frame set for free to sweeten the deal. Got a pair of Simplex straight lever skewers for $10. A pair of Campy NR clamp on shifters for $15. RSX STI levers for $5 and brunch of other stuff. Chatting C&V with you guys over lunch was great. Looking forward to ride with you guys in the future.
Old 02-14-11, 12:27 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,829 Times in 1,709 Posts
Finally, time to sit down at the computer and recap the fun of today...

First and foremost, it was great to meet up with Kpug505, Scozim, Abarth, Roger M and Alex (the third side of the PNW Drillium Triad) and swap stories over burgers and beer after about 4 hours of kicking the proverbial tires at the Swap. The best story for me was Scozim's "wheel parts company with bike" followed closely by Abarth's cracked aluminum frame inventory

Lots of eye-candy there, and this year there was a metric-butt-ton of vintage MTB stuff - lots more than last year. The venue was so much nicer than the hangars at Sand Point, too. It seemed as though the crowd was less pushy as well.

I even saw a drillium Nuovo Record rear derailleur!

My best deals were a NOS TA water bottle cage for $5, a super-clean Cycle Pro handlebar pannier (5-pockets and original map carrier) for another $5 and a package deal consisting of a pair of super-clean early version Campy Nuovo Record brake levers and a NOS Concor Supercorsa in black suede for $100. Tiny, minor shopwear on the Concor, so I won't feel bad using it as a rider on the Alpina. I jumped at the levers because some of the early ones are not very clean where the material is bent around and joined up at the backside of the levers. These were done beautifully; a real find in my opinion.

However, the coolest score - and one that will keep me busy for awhile - was a box of 60 vintage Bicycling magazines from the late 70s into the early 80s. $10. For those of you who might be interested, there are a number of dupes:

July 81
Dec 81
Feb 82
Mar 82
June 82
July 82
Mar 83
May 83
Aug 83
Sep/Oct 83

If you're interested in filling in any holes in your collection - or just want to peruse the advertisements of yesteryear - PM me with your choice. They're free - just reimburse me the postage. Let's all be nice and share, though, shall we? I wouldn't feel right, having to tell the second person who asks: "sorry, they all went to PMer number one". Thanks for understanding

Again, a really fun day - the highlight being finally meeting some great Forum members after over a year as a member. Thanks, guys - I'm looking forward to getting some rides together in Seattle come Spring!

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 02-14-11 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-14-11, 10:50 AM
kpug505

Bikes: Motobecane Mirage fixed gear, Nashbar Alpha Road 5000, Bianchi Grizzly, Coppi Fiorelli, , Schwinn Trike, , GT All Terra, Old Peugeot, Nishiki 3 speed, Bugatti, Cannondale Black Lightning, Dura All, Bianchi Touring, Bridgestone T700 & more

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thought I had better add a linky for the next swap. March 27th in Shoreline. No more Kent Armory!

Check out my bike blog!