Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Celeste touch up paint

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 11:07 AM
biaddiction

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Anyone know where to get some Celeste touch up paint for my Italian Bianchi with Columbus tubing from 1980's? I am locate in NYC. A store in city would be better! Thanks!
Old 03-29-10, 11:18 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,263 Times in 1,645 Posts
get it straight from the mother ship. depending on the exact year and wether you have Italian or Japanese celeste or mint or metallic the touch up might be lighter or darker. nailpolish is always a good idea.

https://www.bianchiusa.com/store/paint-celeste.html

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 04-29-11 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-29-10, 11:39 AM
opmanf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice call
Old 04-28-11, 05:11 AM
sekaijin

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Classic, 1984 Schwinn LeTour, 1998 Gary Fisher Marlin, 1969 Hercules, 1977 Sekai 5000 Superlite, 1993 Koga-Myata TerraLiner, 2013 Trek Farley.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
get it straight from the mother ship. depending on the exact year and wether you have Italian or Japanese celeste or nint or metallic the touch up might be lighter or darker. nailpolish is always a good idea.

https://www.bianchiusa.com/store/paint-celeste.html

bump: a friend got the official touch-up paint above, but he reports it's not a good match for his 1980s celeste frame. He says the frame is more sea-foam green and the official touch-up paint is more almost-powder-blue in shade.

Are there sources for different shades of Bianchi celeste, or is custom mixing needed?

If it helps ID the shade, my friend's bike is a 1986 Bianchi, Italian made frame, Columbus Formula 1 tubing, full Campagnolo Victory groupset, Mavic MA-40 rims.
Old 04-28-11, 06:01 PM
BentLink

Bikes: '86 Cannondale SR400, '86 Pugeot PX10, '92 Bianchi Axis, '95 Bianchi Campione d'Italia, '00 Fondriest X-Status, '08 Specialized Roubaix, '13 Cannondale CAADX

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I used the "official" touch-up paint from Bianchi on my '95 CdI. It's a bit off of the weathered patina of the adjacent paint, but only if you look really close. Matches better than rust.
Old 04-28-11, 06:36 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,263 Times in 1,645 Posts
well I did say it depended on the bike. I have 6 Celeste and one Celeste/black Bianchi and I would be suprised if more than 2 od them had the same color and shade of Celeste.

I normally just use clear nailpolish and let the battle scar show

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 04-28-11, 09:47 PM
rothenfield1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Yes, I've experienced the slight change in the celeste color over the years. Some frames came with that mysterious pearl clear coat just to make matters worse. I've had decent success with using Testors white, yellow, and blue. As I recall, I mixed equal portions of white and yellow with just a touch of blue. That will get you close. Then add white to lighten or yellow to darken, but no more blue.
Old 04-28-11, 11:37 PM
frantik
Chainstay Brake Mafia

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I normally just use clear nailpolish and let the battle scar show
After experimenting with touch up jobs, I think this is the best suggestion. touch ups with colors that don't match end up looking more ugly than bare metal imo