Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Jim Miele would be proud..

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-12, 07:04 AM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

In browsing the local buy/sell/craigslist/kijiji here in toronto, there has been a bloom of very very good condition Miele road bikes that have all float to the surface.

They are all owned by different people, presumably; and all in great condition, but also, commanding top dollar.

Top Dollar, as in nothing less than $300.

Sep 4 - MIELE ROAD BIKE 53 cm - $500 (St. Clair and Dufferin) bicycles - by owner pic

Sep 4 - 55cm miele road bike - $399 (downtown - west) bicycles - by owner pic

Sep 3 - Beautiful MIELE BIKE - (toronto) bicycles - by owner pic

Sep 3 - Miele 54 cm Road Bike - $650 (Toronto) bicycles - by owner pic

Sep 3 - MIELE CLASSICS NOS 49CM - $650 (355 SPADINA AVE) bicycles - by dealer

Sep 2 - Miele Bike - $500 (GTA) bicycles - by owner pic

Sep 1 - Custom MIELE road bike - $400 (Toronto) bicycles - by owner pic

Sep 1 - Miele Road Bike - $500 (Vaughan) bicycles - by owner pic

Aug 31 - TVB---------►62 cm White / Grey Miele - $440 (TVB) bicycles - by owner img

Aug 31 - 2- 62cm miele road bikes - $300 (127 ossington ave) bicycles - by owner pic

Aug 28 - TVB---------►52cm Aqua Miele - $440 (Toronto) bicycles - by owner img

Aug 21 - 57 cm miele road bike - $300 (college and bathurst) bicycles - by owner pic

Aug 19 - 1980's 54cm MIELE ROAD BIKE - CINELLI - SUNTOUR - Specialized - $300 (CAM - College & Ossington) bicycles - by owner pic

Aug 18 - Size 54 Vintage Miele Road Bike. - $400 (Toronto) bicycles - by owner pic

More here:
https://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/sear...inAsk=&maxAsk=

Its like toronto is in some type of twilight-zone for miele bikes!!!???

Some are in NOS condition - the ENTIRE BIKE!!!

Has word spread about vintages going for more than garage-sale prices???

I know this has probably been asked and sorted before, but in retrospect, Miele bikes looked really nice, and cited improvements like Seikkens paint that incorporated urethane to help prevent stone chips; cross-branding with Selle San Marco Concor saddles, Ambrosio rims, and even their own branded calipers and brakes on the lower end models!
This along with the Mississauga factory just west of Toronto with stories of their jigs and equipment being able to adjust certain geometry to help suit riding conditions just goes down in lore to hear of such ambition now defunct.

Some frames made by rossin, some such as Randy Jawa's that appear to be artisan-built, but untraceable origin and some just produced by the factory...

Even an involvement in Canadian team sponsorships!!

Its been a while since I had seen such Obsessive/compulsive behavior to ensure the entire package of the bike belongs to one brand!

Kinda sad to see them go, but it turn out every summer I am mildly impressed by the fine examples that were hiding in someones basement or garage... some of these bikes must have been picked up by people who weren't into cycling at all!!
Old 09-05-12, 08:08 AM
mapleleafs-13 

Bikes: Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
haha, i can see two of my ads in there, one was already sold miles ago i just forgot to remove the ad.

check out my brother's version:

it's pretty rare the see a cinelli aero bb on a miele. plus we did alot of research and we believe this was a racer's bike. I'm told be a person that was very close to Jim that the higher end race bikes for the team were shipped in from a highend italian maker then branded miele when they got here.
Old 09-05-12, 10:37 AM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2299 Post(s)
Liked 2,062 Times in 1,259 Posts
I was in Mississauga at Jim's close out sale back around 1988. Mountain bikes were killing the road bike market and he had many dozens of road bikes in boxes sitting around with lots of tire kickers looking about. The higher end Columbus/Campy bikes sold out quickly...the rest were slow to move and many were nice butted frames. These were just some of the many excellent condition bikes still lurking around TO.

I'd snap this one up if it were smaller...great value. https://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/bik/3244841545.html
Old 09-05-12, 11:23 AM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman
I was in Mississauga at Jim's close out sale back around 1988.
I'm so jealous as 1988, i would have been 10!

I am just perplexed as from the surface, Miele looked like everything was done right... Cross-Branding, choice tubes, and proven geometry (heard these measurements were lifted from Bianchi).

Now today, there are probably more new bike/frame manufactures than ever, and I don't think any of them would provide such a complete package..