Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Wacky World of Craigslist and eBay Ads

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The Wacky World of Craigslist and eBay Ads

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-12, 12:26 AM
mapleleafs-13 

Bikes: Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Drew is back!

https://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ426526662
Old 10-29-12, 06:11 PM
big chainring 

Liked 751 Times in 358 Posts
He mentions that new yellow brake cables were installed. Check the brakes, they aren't connected!
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/3373458540.html
Old 10-29-12, 11:31 PM
adventurepdx

Liked 89 Times in 53 Posts
Of course there's no photo provided for this one from Portland CL.
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bik/3373453076.html

1923-1950 raleigh record gents roadster, highly collectable!! - $5000 (longview, washington, 3056 olympia way)

age based on research, this is a Raleigh record gents roadster that i'm trying to give a better home, i know to a serious collector this is a pile of gold, it has all completely original part including the tires, little to no weather damage and little amounts of rust, it is an ltd 3-speed with a sturmey archer hub shifter, doesn't squeak, comfortable to ride and still has working bell. looking for $5000, worth $8000 in todays market.
Somehow I have a feeling this bike is not from 1923-50, since the seller mentions "LTD 3". But what do I know?

The working bell must be worth a grand or two alone.

Last edited by adventurepdx; 10-29-12 at 11:39 PM. Reason: added extra sarcasm
Old 10-29-12, 11:53 PM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Liked 999 Times in 494 Posts
https://kalispell.craigslist.org/bik/3343046714.html

NEXT All Terrain Shock Bike in good condision works great, NO leaks or breaks in tires, price is negosheable.
Without a photo, how do I truly know the bike is "in good condision" and worth $25? Fortunately the price is "negosheable." I'd swear I've seen these bikes going for over $10,000 on eBay...
Old 10-29-12, 11:58 PM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Originally Posted by big chainring
He mentions that new yellow brake cables were installed. Check the brakes, they aren't connected!
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/3373458540.html
Just shave off the cable stops, repaint and turn it into a fixie. Should be worth north of a grand after that.
Old 10-30-12, 12:05 AM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/bik/3331730143.html

Bunch of Old Forks & Shocks for Parts - $117 (Whitefish)

I have some MTB suspension forks here. These are mostly wall-hangers, or need seals, or are for PARTS-only, or something like that. If you are mechanically inclined and if you have no life or if your winters in the Flathead get boring, then come over & buy these oldies-but-not-goodies, and try fixing them. Good luck... Again: these are mostly for parts; they were on my kids' bikes, and you'll need to be a rocket scientist to fix them. Here's what I have (please see photos, left-to-right descriptions)... 1) Marzocchi Bomber Drop-Off, 150mm, comes w/20mm axle... 2) RockShox Duke Air, 100mm, needs seal... 3) Answer "Pro-Forx"--this is a classic! ...belongs in your personal museum... 4) Manitou Axel, 100mm... Also have a nice 5th-Element rear shock, in useable shape, see photos. eMail CL FMI, put "shocking" in subject line so I know you're not a dirty-rotten scammer. Price negotiable, of course!!! Thanks!

He's honest, but how'd he arrive at precisely $117 for a price tag??
Attached Images
Old 10-31-12, 10:19 AM
mynewnchome

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8 Raleigh Revenio 1.0

Liked 30 Times in 13 Posts
Backwards...AND....bent....but free.

Free 20 inch Boys Bike. The Front Fork is bent, but the tires are in great shape.

You can probably straighten or replace the fork and have a great bike for a kid.

FREE

Old 10-31-12, 12:11 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Liked 1,860 Times in 654 Posts
[h=2]58cm custom 1969 raleigh fixie. frameset + Campagnolo, needs wheels - $300 (Lakewood)[/h] [HR][/HR] Date: 2012-10-31, 9:45AM MDT
rh6x7-3377079027@sale.craigslist.org [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP] [HR][/HR]
title says alot. blue 1969 raleigh grand prix frame with chrome fork ends. campagnolo crankset and new bottom bracket. white front brake with white bmx style lever (the lever is short and by the stem rather than in the drops), nice and super light drop bars, double wrapped tape, I think the headset is stronglite. nice white bontrager saddle. dimension pedals. sold the wheelset separately, so u will have to get those. wheels are all it needs. I have a great looking pair of black weinman dp-18s with white tires that I would throw in to make the total price 450. that set has a locked cog to make it a fixed. you could throw a freewheel or another lock ring and cog on the other side.

picture doesnt do her justice, she is a beauty. Actually has surprisingly ornate lugwork.

only selling because I decided to get a 29er instead. sooooo im possibly interested in trading for a 29er

And this build has about 20 miles on it and over $600 put into it (if you include the wheels). Just saying.

sorry cant find my camera. text me and i will text a picture. its blue with white tape, brake, etc. google 1969 raleigh grand prix to see how the frame looks.

texts work best. 701 400 2863

fixed gear
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one kinda gets me I can't figure out how the hell this guys has $600 into this one. Or why someone would spend this much on heavy British gaspipe.
Old 10-31-12, 01:49 PM
adventurepdx

Liked 89 Times in 53 Posts
Speaking of old heavy bikes converted into fixies...
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/3375304601.html

[h=2]Prewar Schwinn: Modern Fixie - $500 (NE: Cully)[/h][HR][/HR]Date: 2012-10-30, 12:08PM PDT
[HR][/HR]
Fresh fixed gear build of a Prewar Schwinn! The frame is serial# H33260. Due to a factory fire, exact dates for prewar schwinns are hard to pin down. However, due to the number of digits and the "H" we know it is definitely prewar. As was common in those days, shops would order bikes from Schwinn and have their logo as the head badge. This bike was originally sold at Wenachee bikes up in WA. I clear-coated the badge; it's pretty awesome. Due to the single straight carousal bar, I believe the frame to be a DX or perhaps an Autocycle.

The black gloss frame and vintage white gloss blade forks are the only antique components on the bike. The trend of stripped down clean fixed gear bikes is a natural match for this elegant frame. It has Vuelta deep V 700c wheels with two tone black and white Zittoria tires. I converted to 3-piece cranks and installed a black matte Pake' crankset with white alloy Evo pedals. Also in white are the Oringin8 saddle and "stash" handlebars. Extended seat post and stem make this ride a good fit for anyone between less than 5 foot and 6 feet. I'm 5'11" and an very comfortable on the ride.

Saving up for a motorcycle and am willing to let this one go.

Flexible on price; make an offer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
schwinnprewarfixie.jpg (58.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-31-12, 02:24 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,096 Times in 1,578 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaindave
This guy's moving up in the bike world, one salvaged part at a time.

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/bik/3312398553.html

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/bik/3312420134.html

That is what happens when people here tell Newbies to "part it out"

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 11-01-12, 12:58 PM
Pars 

Bikes: '73 Raleigh RRA, 1986 Trek 500 commuter

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Multiple things wrong here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-NEW-CAMP...item27cbeae0a2

Italian thread with a British 68mm spindle?
NOS? If it is, it is really shopworn
Reasonable price, until you note the $159 shipping to US
:rofl:
Attached Images
Old 11-01-12, 04:52 PM
anixi
Jack of all trades

Bikes: Schwinn Peloton Ventana El Saltamontes Spec Stumpjumper Conversion Gravel

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I've reported the guy to Ebay as having excessive shipping costs. I'm hoping that the seller re-posts it with fair shipping cost, it's a nice BB...
Old 11-02-12, 06:35 AM
r0cket88

Bikes: 2011 Surly Pacer. Shimano 105 components.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This has got to be a joke of some kind...
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bid/3380918601.html

For sale I have a Merckx track (I think? That's what my dad told me...) bike. Vintage. I think. I inherited it from my dad and he used to race. I have no use for it. Just looking to get rid of it cuz it's taking up space. cheap because it's old and dirty and I really don't want to clean it. The tires look like their glued on too.. I tried checking for tubes but I didn't see anything. A lot of parts say CAMPAGNOLO. Anyway.

Its a bit to far out of my area or I would go look at it.
No pictures.
Old 11-02-12, 06:50 AM
frantik
Chainstay Brake Mafia

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
i bet thrifty bill is already driving there
Old 11-02-12, 07:53 AM
A Pile of Tile
Artist at large

Bikes: Bianchi Champione D'Italia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 6 series - $700 (Denver and Aurora)
[HR][/HR]
Aluminum frame Black grey white... Persons interested can text 303 520 8722

Love that fork.....do they work better that way?
Old 11-02-12, 07:57 AM
A Pile of Tile
Artist at large

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Monster bike - $100 (Lakewood, Colorado)

[HR][/HR]Date: 2012-11-01, 2:05PM MDT

Reply to: see below
[HR][/HR]
This is a homemade Monster bike. I made this bike a few years ago. It rides just like a regular bicycle. The seat is about 5 feet in the air.
Most people have to stand up on something to get on the bike. Once you're riding the bike it feels exactly like any other bicycle.
You can look over six-foot fences, and everybody will see you coming when you're's riding this bike. It's actually pretty easy to get down.
off this bike. The chain is loose in the tires need air up. More fun than you can possibly imagine. Your kid will be the hit of the neighborhood.
This bike comes with buddy pegs to make it even more fun.
I do not check e-mails. I prefer to talk rather than text. It's after 10:00 PM. Please leave message.
Please call Mark. 720-412-0233

LOOKS LIKE A GREAT IDEA....You can even look over privacy fences.

Last edited by A Pile of Tile; 11-02-12 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-02-12, 07:59 AM
A Pile of Tile
Artist at large

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[h=2]Cannondale Scalpel 3000 - $750 (denver)[/h][HR][/HR]Date: 2012-11-01, 1:29PM MDT

Reply to this postReply to: v9fqb-3379819269@sale.craigslist.org [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]
[HR][/HR]
Full Suspension in great shape.
This is a well cared for bike, with full XTR components a carbon fiber / titanium Lefty.
The rear shock was re-built last year and the brakes were replaced this year.
This is a top-of-the line super-light full suspension bike - for a great price.
The frame is a large. I am 5'-10" tall and this bike fits me like a glove, taller would be fine, shorter may be tough.
I have pedals that I can include if necessary

Serious inquiries only
Call if you have questions or are interested.
303.three five six. nine three nine two

Now this is a good deal.
Old 11-02-12, 08:18 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Liked 1,860 Times in 654 Posts
Originally Posted by r0cket88
This has got to be a joke of some kind...
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bid/3380918601.html

For sale I have a Merckx track (I think? That's what my dad told me...) bike. Vintage. I think. I inherited it from my dad and he used to race. I have no use for it. Just looking to get rid of it cuz it's taking up space. cheap because it's old and dirty and I really don't want to clean it. The tires look like their glued on too.. I tried checking for tubes but I didn't see anything. A lot of parts say CAMPAGNOLO. Anyway.

Its a bit to far out of my area or I would go look at it.
No pictures.
If it was local for me I would be there already with a $100 bill.
Old 11-02-12, 09:40 AM
r0cket88

Bikes: 2011 Surly Pacer. Shimano 105 components.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zukahn1
If it was local for me I would be there already with a $100 bill.
I'm Sure, and I'm in the same boat too.
I have relatives in the chicago area, it just really reeks of the old "if its to good to be true" saying.
Old 11-02-12, 03:42 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,096 Times in 1,578 Posts
I like the decopage on this, I think SixtyFiver has something like this, but the presentation is a bit off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOLA-Singles...item3ccbe65483

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 11-02-12, 04:05 PM
frantik
Chainstay Brake Mafia

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
^ lol
Old 11-02-12, 07:59 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista Vitus 979 Duralinox

Liked 6,882 Times in 3,934 Posts
Oh, my! And, why no clothes on the doll in the second pic?

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I like the decopage on this, I think SixtyFiver has something like this, but the presentation is a bit off.

Old 11-03-12, 01:21 AM
puchfinnland
MIKE is my name!

Bikes: hans lutz, , puch mistral ultima,2x Austro Daimler Smoked chrome Ultima,Austro Daimler Mixte,Austro Daimler 531 mixte, flying arrow,F Moser,

Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts
This is no bike but It is a great laugh!!! hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
(I asked the seller how much to transport it to Havanna..)

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Real-...orcev4exp=true
Old 11-03-12, 01:34 AM
mapleleafs-13 

Bikes: Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sweetness, I'll take 2.

That boat actually is probably almost impossible against sinking. The buoyancy on that must be pretty damn good. I would mind maybe adding on a second level or maybe a cabin for sleeping. Maybe a little center console with a biminy top wouldn't be bad with gps. That way when I'm lost at sea I'll at least know how lost I am.

Originally Posted by puchfinnland
This is no bike but It is a great laugh!!! hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
(I asked the seller how much to transport it to Havanna..)

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Real-...orcev4exp=true
Old 11-03-12, 08:18 AM
waldick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This whole thread is by far the funniest thing I have read in a long time....It's Saturday morning and I'm sitting here laughing out loud, my family thinks I'm nuts...but hey, at least it is a great distraction from the tsunami of political ads...and I thought I was the only one who actually saw humor in this sort of thing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.