Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Wilmington, NC???

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Wilmington, NC???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 01:25 PM
mahipps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wilmington, NC???

Hey all,

I just got a job offer to move to Wilmington, NC and was wondering if anybody out there had any reviews of the city.... Any help is greatly appreciated... I know nothing about the area, and welcome any comments on any subject (nightlife, dining, culture, riding conditions, average age, I'm 28, and that's one thing I lack here in small town Vidalia, single people my own age, cost of living... the whole nine) again thanks for the help..

mike
Old 09-02-05, 01:32 PM
jpbova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nightlife - lots of bars great town to go out in
Dining - decent... I don't like southern seafood
Culture - college town/surf town... real laid back
Riding - FLAT and hot in the summer
Average Age - <28

traffic is a NIGHTMARE. The main drag there got voted as one of the most dangerous roads in america
Old 09-02-05, 01:43 PM
mahipps

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Flat and hot I can deal with, it's 90+ here everyday for most of May - August and part of september, and we've got about 40ft of elevation change in th entire city... you ever been to Athens, GA? From your description of Wilmington, it sounds like Athens, except for the beach part