Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

41 Kit Order Interest

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

41 Kit Order Interest

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-13, 08:35 PM
mac4095
Buffalo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm out.
Old 06-15-13, 10:51 PM
enjoi07

Bikes: custom caad9

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Ditched the word "FORUM" on the bib.

Not into the all blue bib at all.

I like the blue cuff though. I could go all black or this.

Old 06-15-13, 10:53 PM
Gjc985

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im only in if were going all one color and after someone tries the xxl and tells me if they run big or small.
Old 06-16-13, 04:38 AM
pdedes
ka maté ka maté ka ora

Bikes: breezer venturi - red novo bosberg - red, pedal force cg1 - red, neuvation f-100 - da, devinci phantom - xt, miele piste - miche/campy, bianchi reparto corse sbx, concorde squadra tsx - da, miele team issue sl - ultegra

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
clever and clean. still in for a jersey and bib.
Old 06-16-13, 07:17 AM
THSdrummer

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok. If we go with the bibs with the navy blue strip, I'm in.

Jersey: Small
Bibs: Medium

~$144? + 6% + shipping

Where are these being shipped from? That might help me get an idea.

Never owned any Capo. Figured I'd go for something unique and classy.
Old 06-16-13, 07:58 AM
starjag

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If shipping to Canada is possible, I'm still in. Jersey and bibs, both medium.
Old 06-16-13, 03:06 PM
echotraveler

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If the bib is blue im out for the bib.

Whyle they are nice, either way, the black bib is 500X times more practical!
i could still wear my 41 with other jerseys. Completly black plz! No blue on the bib plz.
Old 06-16-13, 10:10 PM
Jeepnut22 
Klickety-Klackety

Bikes: Ones with 2 wheels...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm good on any colors, but I prefer the all black bib, or the black bib with blue cuff. Still in for XXL on both a Jersey and Bib...
Old 06-16-13, 11:07 PM
enjoi07

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Yea, I'm not with the navy bib at all.

In other news, it looks like we have plateaued in interest here.
Old 06-17-13, 01:52 AM
blacksquid

Bikes: 2007 Pergoretti Marcelo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, where are the numbers? I'm still in.
Old 06-17-13, 07:14 AM
RT
The Weird Beard

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
If the bibs go blue cuff, I am definitely in (assuming shipping is reasonable). That looks really sharp guys. Great work.

Idea: Get Tom to spring for the balance and he could sell them in the BF Store? I for one would probably pick up another jersey and if the bibs fit, one of those too. Just don't want to commit to two at that expense yet.

Last edited by RT; 06-17-13 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-17-13, 10:28 AM
prspect06

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in for:

Large jersey, large bibs
Old 06-17-13, 11:41 AM
tobefirst

Bikes: 2013 Novara Strada

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would love to have one of these. enjoi07 has done a great job of designing them (so, kudos from another graphic designer). As a newbie rider who already spent more than he probably should have on the bike and accessories, the price is what is keeping me from being in. For a jersey: $66 + $15 (shipping) + $4-5 (6% fee) + ~$5 (to help pay for enjoi07's kit) = $90 total.

I understand off-the-rack jerseys get even more expensive than that, and someday, I'll probably pay that much for one. I just wonder how many people are, like me, not willing or able to spend that much. If you can't meet the minimums, perhaps finding a way to do it more cheaply would help. Might not be as customized (perhaps just a "logo" placement on an off-the-rack jersey). Just a thought...not necessarily the right one.
Old 06-17-13, 11:58 AM
echotraveler

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Another option that im not sure has been discussed is a sponsor company that is active on the forum community
boyd or psimet ate good examples.
Old 06-17-13, 12:53 PM
enjoi07

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tobefirst
I would love to have one of these. enjoi07 has done a great job of designing them (so, kudos from another graphic designer). As a newbie rider who already spent more than he probably should have on the bike and accessories, the price is what is keeping me from being in. For a jersey: $66 + $15 (shipping) + $4-5 (6% fee) + ~$5 (to help pay for enjoi07's kit) = $90 total.

I understand off-the-rack jerseys get even more expensive than that, and someday, I'll probably pay that much for one. I just wonder how many people are, like me, not willing or able to spend that much. If you can't meet the minimums, perhaps finding a way to do it more cheaply would help. Might not be as customized (perhaps just a "logo" placement on an off-the-rack jersey). Just a thought...not necessarily the right one.
Thanks! Another thing to consider is quality, I considered other manufacturers but Capo was hands down recommended as the best to deal with as far as production and quality of material/chamois. I myself own a kit and there was recently a thread in the racing forum on a similar subject and Capo got nothing but high regards.

I am sure someone like ChampSys is cheaper but I have heard terrible reviews about their quality.
Old 06-17-13, 02:27 PM
THSdrummer

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tobefirst
I understand! I bought my CAAD10 (first road bike) 6 months ago. It adds up quick... I could use another kit and enjoy unique items.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 6% fee was for enjoi07's kit? That would make it roughly $85. Not the best, but better.

Originally Posted by enjoi07
Thanks! Another thing to consider is quality, I considered other manufacturers but Capo was hands down recommended as the best to deal with as far as production and quality of material/chamois. I myself own a kit and there was recently a thread in the racing forum on a similar subject and Capo got nothing but high regards.

I am sure someone like ChampSys is cheaper but I have heard terrible reviews about their quality.
Part of the reason I'm in (besides it looking classy) is I want to try Capo. If this switches to ChampSys, I'm out.
Old 06-17-13, 03:02 PM
bikerjp
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thought the 6% fee WAS the shipping and handling. I'm not overly excited to pay $15 to get a jersey shipped.

Originally Posted by echotraveler
Another option that im not sure has been discussed is a sponsor company that is active on the forum community
boyd or psimet ate good examples.
This is actually a really good idea assuming someone would be interested in it. Heck most jerseys are rolling billboards anyway. Might as well support someone "local".
Old 06-17-13, 06:01 PM
enjoi07

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bikerjp
I thought the 6% fee WAS the shipping and handling. I'm not overly excited to pay $15 to get a jersey shipped.

This is actually a really good idea assuming someone would be interested in it. Heck most jerseys are rolling billboards anyway. Might as well support someone "local".
"All prices will have an additional 6% added on for Kitorder, plus shipping, plus whatever overhead is involved with getting Enjoi a Kit."

From what I understand, Kitorder is a service offered through Capo that will act as an online store (handling shipping and distribution etc.) for the kits since we don't have our own online store. Otherwise someone is here is going to have to figure out shipping, handle transactions, and be responsible for sending these kits out...a lot of work.

So if we have alternate solutions for shipping and handling, speak your mind.

Another thing, I would rather see these kits get out into the real world than nothing happen at all, and if that means cutting the cost of compensating the designer with a kit, I don't mind at all

I just want to see this happen! More people...say yes!
Old 06-17-13, 06:44 PM
the fly

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
after looking at the blue bibs, I don't care for them. Black bibs or navy cuff is OK.

Second the notion that I want to try Capo and not real interested in a cheaper version.
Old 06-17-13, 08:07 PM
Pirkaus
Coffin Dodger

Bikes: Motobecane Vent Noir, Lynskey R345, Serotta Nova Special X

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 143 Posts
https://www.voler.com/Custom/

Suggested this in a PM and was shot down, now it may be an option.
Good quality, American made, jersey's, and bib's, fit well, and good chamois options.
https://www.voler.com/site/assets/2013_TeamPrices.pdf
I have no vested interest in this company.
Pirk
Old 06-17-13, 11:02 PM
enjoi07

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pirkaus
https://www.voler.com/Custom/

Suggested this in a PM and was shot down, now it may be an option.
Good quality, American made, jersey's, and bib's, fit well, and good chamois options.
https://www.voler.com/site/assets/2013_TeamPrices.pdf
I have no vested interest in this company.
Pirk
I think we would have to make sure to get the right chamois. I had a Hammer kit (made by voler) that was just as good as my Capo stuff, but I have since heard that they changed up the chamois...I think nachoman has more info on this.
Old 06-18-13, 06:31 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
"All prices will have an additional 6% added on for Kitorder, plus shipping, plus whatever overhead is involved with getting Enjoi a Kit."

From what I understand, Kitorder is a service offered through Capo that will act as an online store (handling shipping and distribution etc.) for the kits since we don't have our own online store. Otherwise someone is here is going to have to figure out shipping, handle transactions, and be responsible for sending these kits out...a lot of work.

So if we have alternate solutions for shipping and handling, speak your mind.

Another thing, I would rather see these kits get out into the real world than nothing happen at all, and if that means cutting the cost of compensating the designer with a kit, I don't mind at all

I just want to see this happen! More people...say yes!
Don't have money to burn, but it is worth the extra 6% for the supplier (Capo, etc.) to handle all the business transactions for individuals making the purchase. No sense at all to one of us having to set up distribution.
Old 06-18-13, 06:33 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
I think we would have to make sure to get the right chamois. I had a Hammer kit (made by voler) that was just as good as my Capo stuff, but I have since heard that they changed up the chamois...I think nachoman has more info on this.
No doubt you are right. I find that in upscale bike clothing the chamois pretty much takes care of itself. I mean you usually get what you pay for. At this price level we shouldn't have to worry too much.
Old 06-18-13, 07:51 AM
RT
The Weird Beard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I have a Voler jersey that is still in great shape after being in the primary rotation since 2005. Cannot speak for the bibs.

Regarding shipping, I would also volunteer, but think that having Capo provide the shipping service may be the way to go simply because I'd have to deal with international shipping. I have the logistics (e-mail address for BF and a PayPal account), the time and the willingness, but not sure the collective would like to place their trust in someone they've never met when it comes to exchanging money. The shipping would be what it is without a premium. Could prolly fit a kit into a $5.00 USPS bag.

If there's any interest in keeping shipping in house, I'll consider it.
Old 06-18-13, 01:12 PM
David Broon 
Sqrl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With KitOrder.com, they charge 6% for use of their online storefront, and to handle Capo for us.

3% of that is credit card fees, and 3% of that is their money.

While from a purely monetary standpoint, we may be able to get the shipping a little cheaper, but from a time perspective, I don't know that it's worth it. That being said, we are still very short of the minimums, especially because I wouldn't be comfortable going ahead with an order unless we had commitment to about 40 of each, simply because there will be some people who put interest here, but don't follow through.

Shipping by KitOrder is going to be cheaper if we just go with jerseys, and that looks to me like the direction we may have to go, given that we would need almost twice the number of people who have ordered Bibs to order some. If it's just jerseys, shipping will look like a lot less.

The cost of the Kit will be calculated this way:

[(Price of your kit)+(5$ for Enjoi's kit)+(Shipping)]x1.06% for KitOrder and that should be your total.
That would be spectacular. A trail of blood and sealant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.