Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Found a use for my Trek 7.1 fx

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 06:18 AM
ghostbhob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After buying a new road bike and mountain bike, I figured I'd eventually try to sell my 7.1 fx. But a couple of friends' kids are always begging to take their bikes to the park and ride. So, I've found that this is the perfect bike for these trips. I'm usually riding behind a pack of 8 -12 year olds telling them to stop trying to kill each other and to get out of the way of approaching cars.

Now, I'm thinking about putting a rack on it for when I go to the store for a few things. So, I think it's going to stick around.
Old 01-06-16, 11:37 PM
tmac100

Bikes: More bicycles than I can ride at one time: 2 custom made tourers, a Brompton 6-speed, and an Indian-made roadster.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ghostbhob
After buying a new road bike and mountain bike, I figured I'd eventually try to sell my 7.1 fx. But a couple of friends' kids are always begging to take their bikes to the park and ride. So, I've found that this is the perfect bike for these trips. I'm usually riding behind a pack of 8 -12 year olds telling them to stop trying to kill each other and to get out of the way of approaching cars.

Now, I'm thinking about putting a rack on it for when I go to the store for a few things. So, I think it's going to stick around.
Glad you realize that "old" still means "useful". It applies to employees - and obviously to bicycles. Reminds me of the saying: Youth is wassted on the young while wisdom is wasted on the old.

I am happy that your Trek did not become a throw-away.
Old 01-10-16, 06:07 PM
bgraham111

Bikes: 1996 Specialized Hardrock Sport FS, 2011 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2015 GRC-Single Gecko, 2016 Waterford RS-22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For N+1 to work, you can't get rid of bikes.
(I'd make an exception if the bike was going to help someone get started.)