Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Posts aren't showing up

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-17, 10:17 AM
SpaceCrawler

Bikes: 1970s Kool Kat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts aren't showing up

I'm new to the board but I posted a question the other day here:
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...s-bicycle.html

When I submitted the post it said "awaiting moderation". After a while it was approved, apparently, and I began to receive some responses and questions. All seemed normal. From that point on I was able to post normally in response to replies I received.

Then suddenly yesterday my lead post vanished, leaving only the first response to me (from user AZORCH) as the first post in the thread, plus I can no longer comment to the thread because anything I write is again "awaiting moderation" but it never gets approved (I posted yesterday and it's still not public). What's going on?

Sean

Last edited by SpaceCrawler; 01-04-17 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-04-17, 04:09 PM
SpaceCrawler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can anyone see my lead post? I edited it, but now it's completely missing.

EDIT: this comment should be the second in this thread. My first comment vanished after I edited it. It explained a problem I'm having with posts vanishing after being edited. I posted a separate thread about these problems as this thread makes no sense without the lead post, but it was sent to "moderator" for approval. If a moderator reads this please fix this problem, because a discussion I started elsewhere had the same problem after I edited the lead post and now that discussion is in limbo because my lead comment is gone, and I'm unable to post to the thread as all comments are sent to "moderator".

Sean

Last edited by SpaceCrawler; 01-04-17 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-04-17, 04:37 PM
SpaceCrawler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, there's a problem on this forum- perhaps when I edit a post it's triggering some sort of spam filter for the forum, but the comment below is, or should be, the 2nd in this thread, not the first. The first comment, the lead post, is completely missing. I posted about how my lead comment to one of the boards here went missing, where I asked a question about a vintage bike ( https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...s-bicycle.html ). This occurred after I edited that comment. Now, the first reply to me is the lead comment in that thread and my initial question is totally missing. Also, any replies I try to post are now "awaiting moderation". Can a moderator please look into this problem? Who are the moderators here?

Sean
Old 01-04-17, 08:11 PM
no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I was prodding our server hamster awake in your C & V thread while you were posting above.

Yeah, I think you did trigger the anti-spamware. It isn't perfect and unfortunately some legit posts get caught up in the net (and some spam makes it through ).

As for who all are the Mods/Admins, here's the link-> https://www.bikeforums.net/showgroups.php. A single blue star denotes a Moderator and three blue stars are Administrators.

However, that list is somewhat dated- we've got people who are less than part-time or M.I.A. for a while now. Plus, when you factor in vacations and other 'distractions' that happen IRL, it is usually best to just file a report on a post rather than contacting via PM/email (unless you've been instructed to do so as a result of the report).
Old 01-04-17, 09:28 PM
SpaceCrawler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great, thanks for the help.

Sean