Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Aldi repair stand $39.29

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Aldi repair stand $39.29

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-17, 07:51 PM
Bikedud
Sapient

Bikes: Just a bunch of bikes.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Purchased one today for $29.99 (plus tax). Used it to replace all the cables and housing on one of my road bikes. It uses a lot of plastic parts, but it definitely seems to be worth $30.
Old 04-30-17, 09:20 PM
game_player_s

Bikes: Raliegh Technium 400, Giant Excursion, GT Cross Series Passage

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by plumberroy
I haven't seen them have the tool kit in about a year
Can confirm they did not have a bicycle toolkit last year. Last year the big bike item was the ceiling hoist.

Here's all the stuff Aldi has for this seasons (while supplies last) bike goods.:
https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specia...-for-april-26/
Old 05-01-17, 08:33 AM
IrishBrewer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
You suppose to pick a spot that is near center of mass and clamp there.
Yes, of course but sometimes you can't or don't want to clamp it there for various reasons.
Old 05-01-17, 08:37 AM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I picked up one for $29.99 on Saturday. It's definitely a functional stand. I used it this weekend.
Old 05-05-17, 06:02 PM
dunelt_1954

Bikes: 3 Speeds, DIY Recumbent Trike, Sun Tomahawk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Aldi in Irvington at Indianapolis had four of them left this evening. I obtained one. Thanks to the OP for the lead! I always think of Aldi for inexpensive groceries, hadn't realized they had any cycling adjuncts.
Old 05-08-17, 08:43 PM
game_player_s

Originally Posted by dunelt_1954
The Aldi in Irvington at Indianapolis had four of them left this evening. I obtained one. Thanks to the OP for the lead! I always think of Aldi for inexpensive groceries, hadn't realized they had any cycling adjuncts.
Every year in either late April or early May they get in a small selection of "Bikemate" branded cycling goods. There are enthusiast Youtube channels that have videos dedicated to reviewing virtually all of the products each year. I ended up getting my hands on three of the Bicycle Ceiling Hoists last year, all on clearance a month later as it was a rather unpopular product in my area. They were only $14.99 initially, but ended up marked down to $9.99 near the end of May.

Bought one of these stands myself last week, Was just back in Aldi again this evening and they still had plenty.
Old 05-09-17, 08:51 AM
hootsmcgoots

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last time I went to the Aldi here in Virginia Beach they only had food. What gives?

Granted that was a year or so ago, so I guess I'll have to check it out again.
Old 05-09-17, 12:57 PM
jcdynamix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just had the wife stop by and pick one of these babies up, many thanks to the OP!
Old 05-15-17, 11:15 PM
game_player_s

Heads up, Aldi is doing a second wave of their Bikemate products starting on Wednesday, May 17th. Flyer shows:
$9.99 - Bicycle Handlebar Basket
$9.99 - Bicycle Saddle Bag with Tools
$9.99 - Floor Pump with built-in Gauge
$29.99 - 2-Bike Trunk Rack
$12.99 - Bell-brand Bike Helmet

See the product listings here:
https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specia...ds-for-may-17/

I went to my local Aldi's Tuesday afternoon and they had the flyer already out showing these products. Also from the previous wave of Bikemate products, the Repair Stand and the Cable Lock have both been marked down, but keep in mind the mark down price could vary from store to store. Oddly only those two products have been marked down despite their still having a good bit of all of the first wave items still on the shelf. At my store the mark-down prices are as follows:
$21.99 - Bicycle Repair Stand
$3.49 - Bicycle Cable Lock

Very tempted to go back and get a second Repair Stand to take and leave at a relative's house out of state for sake of future personal convenience at this price.
Old 05-16-17, 02:43 AM
speshelite
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is agonizing as the nearest Aldi's is 4 hours away.
Old 05-16-17, 06:53 AM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Liked 1,682 Times in 962 Posts
Originally Posted by game_player_s
Heads up, Aldi is doing a second wave of their Bikemate products starting on Wednesday, May 17th. Flyer shows:

I went to my local Aldi's Tuesday afternoon and they had the flyer already out showing these products. Also from the previous wave of Bikemate products, the Repair Stand and the Cable Lock have both been marked down, but keep in mind the mark down price could vary from store to store. Oddly only those two products have been marked down despite their still having a good bit of all of the first wave items still on the shelf. At my store the mark-down prices are as follows:

Very tempted to go back and get a second Repair Stand to take and leave at a relative's house out of state for sake of future personal convenience at this price.
Thanks for the heads up GP ! My Aldi has just opened back up from their remodel and I was looking for another tool bag or two
Old 05-18-17, 02:41 PM
Duo
Banned.

Bikes: The Good Book of bicycling

Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
thanks for the heads up, this stand looks durable made out of steel. been needing a stand, this is about all one needs.

best of both worlds. used to shop Aldi's, this is getting me back in there. they have the best prices on staples.
Old 05-18-17, 02:59 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Liked 955 Times in 610 Posts

Thanks for the 411. My buddy grabbed me a floor pump in SoCal.
Old 05-24-17, 03:18 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Liked 3,540 Times in 2,626 Posts
wow, for that price I'd buy them all up and give them away as gifts
Old 05-25-17, 04:58 PM
Duo
Banned.

Bikes: The Good Book of bicycling

Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
My Aldi have trouble selling the repair stand and dropped the price down to $15.

Strange...plenty of cyclists around here
um, WOW!

and i thought that 30 dollars was a killer deal. my Aldi's didn't display them very well, so i picked one up...better check to see what is left. hope you picked one or two up at 15.
Old 05-25-17, 05:18 PM
migrantwing

Bikes: '07 Carrera TDF / 2011 Ghost Race Actinum 5000

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Wait! The US has ALDI now? Cool!
Old 05-26-17, 09:58 PM
game_player_s

Originally Posted by migrantwing
Wait! The US has ALDI now? Cool!
Aldi was imported along with the BMW factory, personally you could've kept the Beemer factory, all they make is some hideous looking SUV-thing, and it is literally ranked as one of the worst companies to work for in my part of the state. And some startup by the name of Lidl is about to open a grocery store here as well, but I can't see them being able to compete with Aldi very well, Aldi has steamrolled all competition, and their "Trader Joe's" division sells me a absurd amount of cookies, ice cream, chocolate, and Gummy Bears every week.
Old 05-26-17, 10:54 PM
speshelite
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OMG, TJ's chocolate chip cookies.

Why is Aldi's expanding so slowly? We need one in every county in the union.
Old 05-26-17, 11:23 PM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Aldi was imported along with the BMW factory, personally you could've kept the Beemer factory, all they make is some hideous looking SUV-thing, and it is literally ranked as one of the worst companies to work for in my part of the state. And some startup by the name of Lidl is about to open a grocery store here as well, but I can't see them being able to compete with Aldi very well, Aldi has steamrolled all competition, and their "Trader Joe's" division sells me a absurd amount of cookies, ice cream, chocolate, and Gummy Bears every week.
Lidi is opening up in June right beside my newly remodeled Aldi store - looking forward to a German grocery war
Old 06-01-17, 05:45 PM
migrantwing

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Haha! Awesome!

LIDL and ALDI are very similar. Both German. I think ALDI is the better of the two, in my personal opinion.
Old 06-01-17, 05:46 PM
migrantwing

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
Lidi is opening up in June right beside my newly remodeled Aldi store - looking forward to a German grocery war
Gotta be good
Old 06-01-17, 07:20 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Liked 3,428 Times in 2,076 Posts
Stand was down to $19.99 by me yesterday
Old 06-01-17, 09:31 PM
DragonDriver

Bikes: 2014 Fuji Sportif 2.1, 2011 Jamis Dragon Race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, my store had them reduced to 14.99! Bought the last two they had.
Old 06-01-17, 11:44 PM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Originally Posted by migrantwing
Gotta be good
Originally Posted by DragonDriver
Thanks for the heads up, my store had them reduced to 14.99! Bought the last two they had.
My Aldi just reduced the stands to $15 as well so I bought one to have a 2nd (I already have a pretty new Performance Pro G3). Another good aspect of my Aldi's grand re-opening is month long coupons with $5 more off a purchase of $35, so looking at it with the coupon, a $10 workstand is just too good of a deal to pass up. Maybe if the daughters keep getting more into cycling they'll want one.
Old 06-02-17, 08:23 AM
NJgreyhead

Bikes: Frequently

Liked 254 Times in 132 Posts
Yeah, I just saw one at $19.99 too.
I was wondering about the 5 legs getting in the way, and saw that some think it is a non-issue.

Question: Can the clamp be used in a vertical position?
I see pics where the (horizontal) top tube is clamped, but can you spin the clamp arm ~90 degrees so that you clamp the seat tube (or seat post)?
TIA.

-NJg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.