Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Do you own a Canyon Endurace??

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-20, 04:32 PM
davethelefty

Bikes: Canyon Endurace CF SL, Cannondale Topstone 6, Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 34 Posts

Hi everyone. I am in the market for a new bike, and I'm looking at endurance geometry bikes. My goal is long rides (50-100 miles) but speed is not my thing. I'm an older rider and just completing the distance is good enough for me. Fast isn't important, comfortable is.

There are a number of carbon bikes in the $2500-$3000 range that I'm looking at -- Trek Madone, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Avant, and so on.

I'm also looking at the Canyon Endurace, but of course I can't physically look at one, I can't test ride one. I don't know anyone who owns one. The price is certainly attractive, and I have no problems with doing the limited assembly myself. Canyon has a great return policy to offset the uncertainty, but I'd prefer not to buy a bike to see how I like it.

So I'm asking -- if you're a Canyon owner, and specifically an Endurace owner, how do you like your bike? Are there any issues to be aware of?

Thanks for your feedback. And if you have any other thoughts/feedback/recommendations, I'd welcome those as well.
Old 03-24-20, 05:14 PM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
I own the Kerosene Red Endurace CF SLX. I bought it February 2018 and have ridden over 15,000 miles. It is a great ride. I run about 95 psi in the 28 mm tires which makes my ride comfortable. The only changes I made from the original bike are the saddle and tires. I did not like the Fizik and changed to a Fabric Shallow/Race with titanium rails which improved the comfort. I really like the shape of the H31 handlebar but it requires a different mount for a computer. I have the Reynolds wheels but the Schwabe tires couldn't handle the debris on the roads and now run Continental 700x28 Gatorskin tires. I have good experience with Gatorskin going 7000+ miles and very few flats. Go to my website in my signature to see me and the bike in the right sidebar.
Likes For texbiker:
Old 03-24-20, 06:13 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
I have a brand new Endurace CF SL 8.0 and I love it. Fit/finish of the build is spot on, it was the right size for me to get a proper fit on the bike, and it rides like a dream. Once the dirt roads get a little more firmed up this Spring I am planning on running some gravel tires on it for some added dirt road adventures. Otherwise, I plan to run the GP5000s in the 28c variety like it shipped with. Great tires. Love the bars and tape. Geometry is great for slow speed stuff and rails corners. Not a race bike, but I can get low on it. Plenty of room to drop the stem if I want to get silly. Comfortable. Seat post (flex) is really a nice addition on this bike.
Likes For AdkMtnMonster:
Old 03-24-20, 06:47 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,035 Times in 1,429 Posts
I owned a 2019 Endurace CF SL 8.0 which I rode for about 3,000 miles. I Rehomed it and purchased a 2020 Roubaix Expert. I find the Roubaix considerably more comfortable, resulting in a higher average speed over my similar routes and longer average rides. I ran the same tires and saddle on both bikes. The Endurace was a very nice bike and just felt fast. I think you’d be pleased with it.
Likes For MattTheHat:
Old 03-25-20, 04:57 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22599 Post(s)
Liked 8,926 Times in 4,159 Posts
I rented one when in Spain a couple years ago. So it was a 2018 model. Ride was fantastic, as long as size/fit done right I think you will be pleased.
Old 03-25-20, 05:26 AM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
Great big Orbea fan here. Ran an Orca for a few years, until it was tragically stolen. But really loved that bike. If you can test ride one, I'd make time to do it. I personally think they are special and quite under-appreciated.
Old 03-25-20, 08:44 AM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by FloridaDave
I am in the market for a new bike, and I'm looking at endurance geometry bikes.

There are a number of carbon bikes in the $2500-$3000 range that I'm looking at -- Trek Madone, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Avant, and so on.

Surely you mean Domane?
Likes For smashndash:
Old 03-25-20, 09:11 AM
FrankTuna

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Hi everyone. I am in the market for a new bike, and I'm looking at endurance geometry bikes. My goal is long rides (50-100 miles) but speed is not my thing. I'm an older rider and just completing the distance is good enough for me. Fast isn't important, comfortable is.

I'm also looking at the Canyon Endurace, but of course I can't physically look at one, I can't test ride one. I don't know anyone who owns one. The price is certainly attractive, and I have no problems with doing the limited assembly myself. Canyon has a great return policy to offset the uncertainty, but I'd prefer not to buy a bike to see how I like it.

So I'm asking -- if you're a Canyon owner, and specifically an Endurace owner, how do you like your bike? Are there any issues to be aware of?

Thanks for your feedback. And if you have any other thoughts/feedback/recommendations, I'd welcome those as well.
I bought a 2019 CF SL 7.0 model in Hellfire Red last fall. The newer models have better wheels but are $200 more...but well worth it if you plan on keeping the stock wheels. I absolutely love this bike.. it's light, fast, and very comfortable. I upgraded to carbon 25mm ID wheels and added the H31 cockpit. I can't recommend this cockpit enough...it's unbelievably comfortable and along with 28mm tires makes for a very comfortable ride.
Old 03-25-20, 09:18 AM
davethelefty

Originally Posted by smashndash
Surely you mean Domane?
Yes, yes -- I meant Domane. Funny that 3 of Trek's road bikes all use the same letters -- Madone, Domane, Emonda.
Old 03-25-20, 09:24 AM
FrankTuna

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Yes, yes -- I meant Domane. Funny that 3 of Trek's road bikes all use the same letters -- Madone, Domane, Emonda.
Just make sure to compare the measurements on these bikes when you're shopping around. Granted there's some wiggle room with stem length/spacers, but I personally found the Domane too upright and the Endurace was a bit longer in the reach. That worked perfectly for the fit I was looking for.

I'm sure it will be different in the size you need, but I'm 6'5" and compared the 62 cm Domane to the XXL Endurace. Besides the 2019 Endurace being $900 cheaper for a full 105 groupset, the Domane had 1.2 cm more stack but 3.1 cm less reach. That would lead to a very upright position which would feel squished for me.

Last edited by FrankTuna; 03-25-20 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-25-20, 09:56 AM
davethelefty

Originally Posted by bpcyclist
Great big Orbea fan here. Ran an Orca for a few years, until it was tragically stolen. But really loved that bike. If you can test ride one, I'd make time to do it. I personally think they are special and quite under-appreciated.

I'm planning on that. We do have an Orbea dealer here but they don't have much in stock. The owner advised me he was going to order a few Orbeas -- waiting to see them. I'm actually looking at the Avant, thinking it's a better platform for me over an Orca.
Likes For davethelefty:
Old 03-25-20, 10:08 AM
davethelefty

Originally Posted by FrankTuna
Just make sure to compare the measurements on these bikes when you're shopping around. Granted there's some wiggle room with stem length/spacers, but I personally found the Domane too upright and the Endurace was a bit longer in the reach. That worked perfectly for the fit I was looking for.

I'm sure it will be different in the size you need, but I'm 6'5" and compared the 62 cm Domane to the XXL Endurace. Besides the 2019 Endurace being $900 cheaper for a full 105 groupset, the Domane had 1.2 cm more stack but 3.1 cm less reach. That would lead to a very upright position which would feel squished for me.
Good info. It'll be interesting to compare stack vs. reach. I had a Specialized Roubaix years ago and despite putting a shorter stem on, it seemed to have too much reach for me. Now I'm riding a flat bar road bike which is very upright. I'm shooting for something in the middle. And comfort has to be key -- dragging this old body out for long rides isn't as easy as it used to be!!
Likes For davethelefty: