Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Sidi Strap Pre - 2011

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Sidi Strap Pre - 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-22, 08:42 PM
Mulberry20

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 136 Posts
Sidi Strap Pre - 2011

I have a pair that I bought in 2008 that I have used to death. The top strap broke and the part currently available doesn’t fit I am told by Sidi. Surprisingly I can’t even find one on EBay. I bought a pair of Pearl Izumis but I don’t want to lose these.

If anyone has some for sale or a lead please DM me.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-22, 06:40 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 1,389 Times in 728 Posts
Post an image of the shoes showing the strap.
Old 02-05-22, 02:41 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 6346 Post(s)
Liked 4,948 Times in 3,408 Posts
They are getting scarcer to find, but look for a shoe repair place if it just a strap that needs to be sewn on.

But if it has to be the Sidi strap for a 10 y.o. plus pair of shoes you might be out of luck.
Old 02-05-22, 03:27 PM
coupster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
I did not actually try the following, so this may work. but I do own both versions. IF...... you've got Sidi's with the ratcheting top strap....... The older top strap version has notches/steps that go from the edge to edge of the strap. The new version has a smooth track along both edges that fit into slots in the buckle. So with an old buckle, new or old straps will work (This I have actually done. Broke a new buckle and used an old one until the replacement came in); with a new buckle, only new straps will work. The new top straps also have a slightly different retention profile design, where they attach to the shoes, but look to be the same dimensions. (I did not measure just eye balled.) As far as I can see if you replace the old broken top strap with a new version, it should work fine with the old buckle. Worst case you replace both the top strap and the buckle with the new version. I hope this makes sense. Personally, I feel no improvement of new design vs old. If anything the new strap might be a bit more finicky sliding into the new buckle. Maybe there's less play but you can't prove it by me. I wish they'd left it alone and retained the ability to loosen the strap by a half step while riding, but that's progress, I guess.