Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Ravemen headlight

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-23, 02:59 PM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 31 Posts
Ravemen headlight

I wasn’t thinking when I ordered this light. I ordered it, but changed my mind a few hours later and tried to cancel the order. They told me it was shipped. I know that wasn’t true. If it was I’m dealing with the fastest service I’ve had in my entire life.
I asked how I can return the light, but no response of course.
The reason I wanted to cancel the order was, I have my GARMIN tilted up a little bit. I thought that would shine in the eyes of on coming traffic. I wrote them again and no response again.
The light was shipped two hours after I ordered it, but I still haven’t received it yet. Tomorrow Monday will be 8 days since I put the order in.
It may be a good light, but I’ll never deal with them again. It would cost more to ship it back, than it’s worth
Done with rant. Thanks for reading.
Old 08-29-23, 11:07 AM
marathon marke

Bikes: Felt F65, Trek FX 7.3, Centurion Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 5 Posts
I have mine slightly tilted up. It won't be a problem to oncoming traffic. It does have various settings in case you want to tone it down some, but I almost always keep it at the brightest setting.
Old 08-29-23, 01:55 PM
AndreyT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by George
I wasn’t thinking when I ordered this light. I ordered it, but changed my mind a few hours later and tried to cancel the order. They told me it was shipped. I know that wasn’t true. If it was I’m dealing with the fastest service I’ve had in my entire life.
That's weird. On Amazon, for one example, the time span between ordering and shipping for Prime items can easily be as short as 30 minutes. Nobody's surprised by such fast service anymore.

The reason I wanted to cancel the order was, I have my GARMIN tilted up a little bit. I thought that would shine in the eyes of on coming traffic.
Where does your GARMIN come into the picture? What does Garmin have to do with anything?

Done with rant
Even if it is just a rant, it still has to make sense.
Old 08-29-23, 03:27 PM
George

That’s good to hear about the tilt. I do like the way it looks.
It stacks with the GARMIN. You put the light on your GARMIN mount and the GARMIN on top of the light.
I did see it on Amazon with the next day delivery but I had ordered it already.
i wouldn’t order anything from them again. I did write to them again, but no response again.
Old 08-29-23, 04:37 PM
AndreyT

It stacks with the GARMIN. You put the light on your GARMIN mount and the GARMIN on top of the light.
Um... Are you talking about their FR160 model? This seems to be the only one in their product lineup that "stacks with the GARMIN".

If you are talking about their FR160 model, then:

1. It would be a good idea to mention it in your post. Ravemen makes a lot of different headlights. We can't telepathically guess which one you are talking about.

2. Why do you even care how high it is tilted? FR160 is not really a "headlight". It is a to-be-seen-style front marker/blinker. It does not produce a directional beam. It produces diffuse light. It won't really shine into anyone's eyes regardless of how you orient it. It can be too bright, especially if you use the daytime strobe mode at night, but that applies regardless of how you orient it.
Old 09-04-23, 06:17 AM
marathon marke

Originally Posted by AndreyT
Um... Are you talking about their FR160 model? This seems to be the only one in their product lineup that "stacks with the GARMIN".

If you are talking about their FR160 model, then:

1. It would be a good idea to mention it in your post. Ravemen makes a lot of different headlights. We can't telepathically guess which one you are talking about.

2. Why do you even care how high it is tilted? FR160 is not really a "headlight". It is a to-be-seen-style front marker/blinker. It does not produce a directional beam. It produces diffuse light. It won't really shine into anyone's eyes regardless of how you orient it. It can be too bright, especially if you use the daytime strobe mode at night, but that applies regardless of how you orient it.
Umm...the FR160 *IS* directional in the vertical plane. And that's precisely why it does apply. The OP had a valid concern.
Old 09-20-23, 09:27 PM
AndreyT

Originally Posted by marathon marke
Umm...the FR160 *IS* directional in the vertical plane. And that's precisely why it does apply. The OP had a valid concern.
Not sure where you get this idea. I'm using FR160 myself. I don't observe any change in perceived brightness in a wide range of vertical angles.
Old 09-21-23, 11:54 AM
marathon marke

Originally Posted by AndreyT
Not sure where you get this idea. I'm using FR160 myself. I don't observe any change in perceived brightness in a wide range of vertical angles.
I do on mine. YMMV
Old 09-21-23, 04:38 PM
George

Hi Marke, if you can just ignore him. It’s hard but you can. Good luck and thanks for the help.
Old 09-21-23, 06:23 PM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 462 Posts
Imagine attempting to run a business selling your invention, but instead of simply buying your invention and enjoying it, all your customers constantly return their purchases because they "changed their minds", not because they found a defect in your invention, but simply because they "changed their minds".

You get an order. You pack the box. You print a shipping label from UPS.com. You drop off the box at UPS. Two hours later, the customer emails you. They have "changed their mind".

You close your shop and go to pick up your kids from school. You are in the school parking lot. Your phone buzzes. You look down. Someone has "changed their mind".

You get to your shop the next morning. You open up. You turn on your computer. You have new emails. You open your new emails. Two people have "changed their minds".

Holy f... kill me now...

Last edited by Yan; 09-21-23 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-21-23, 07:09 PM
George

Read the post again. Got it, good. Have a good day.
Old 09-21-23, 10:25 PM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 462 Posts
I wasn’t thinking when I ordered this light. I ordered it, but changed my mind a few hours later and tried to cancel the order.