Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cycling Jacket From Ali Express

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Cycling Jacket From Ali Express

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-23, 08:53 AM
kwb377

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
This is a typical online review, utterly useless. I don't get the need for people to review a product they took out of a box? Maybe it is just me but when I review a product I will have used it for an extended time period.
It really clouds the field when people cannot actually review the product honestly and realistically. If you haven't used it that is fine hold off the review for a while till you get to use it for a good period of time and put it through some paces. Don't mention anything that isn't directly related to the actual product and it will make for an actual sensible review.
It's like all the "Unboxing!" videos that show them removing the product box from the shipping box/bag, showing all the angles of the box, then removing the product from the box to show it to me...

1. I don't need to see a brown cardboard shipping box...I've seen thousands of them.
2. Showing me the product's box and the product after removing it from said box shows me nothing that the pictures on the product's website didn't show me.
3. An "unboxing and review" isn't a review....it's a preview. A review happens after you've used the product.

Last edited by kwb377; 09-18-23 at 08:57 AM.
Likes For kwb377:
Old 09-18-23, 09:18 AM
XxHaimBondxX

Bikes: Trek FX 7.3, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Terra, Aostimotor S17 ebike, Huffy RedRock (first bike)

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 337 Times in 152 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbud
I won't order anything from Aliexpress after I had an order never show up. Aliexpress wouldn't refund my money. Their excuse was something like, we shipped it, so you should've got it. They had no record of where it went or even proof of it actually being shipped. It was impossible to talk to a real person. All complaints were done electronically in a very convoluted manner.

I put in a complaint through my credit card company and they got my money refunded. A conversation with my credit card company verified my suspicions that this happens all too often when using Aliexpress.
Happened to me once and I had to file a claim with my CC company. The item showed up 4 months later! It got held up somewhere at customs. I've ordered many things before and after, but this is the only issue I had.
Likes For XxHaimBondxX:
Old 09-18-23, 11:26 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4449 Post(s)
Liked 4,111 Times in 2,744 Posts
Originally Posted by kwb377
It's like all the "Unboxing!" videos that show them removing the product box from the shipping box/bag, showing all the angles of the box, then removing the product from the box to show it to me...

1. I don't need to see a brown cardboard shipping box...I've seen thousands of them.
2. Showing me the product's box and the product after removing it from said box shows me nothing that the pictures on the product's website didn't show me.
3. An "unboxing and review" isn't a review....it's a preview. A review happens after you've used the product.
Agreed. It is a waste of time. I get if you are running through the product and really going kind of in depth on it sure but generally yeah that sort of stuff just is senseless.

I would be happy if I didn't have to see any more brown cardboard boxes if only all the products I order at work could magically label themselves and put themselves away while doing everything to make sure they are properly categorized and in the system and ready to be sold that would be excellent or if it could just sense hey you look like you need some tubes or that new bottle cage or whatever that would be even better...lol
Old 09-18-23, 11:30 AM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 3998 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by George Mann
More like paying $200 for something that normally costs $2000 or more.
Is this like one of those adverts where a watch is offered for $19.95 with the claim that it "compares to ..." next to a picture of a Rolex?
Old 09-18-23, 11:36 AM
George Mann

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RetroGlide iE

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
Is this like one of those adverts where a watch is offered for $19.95 with the claim that it "compares to ..." next to a picture of a Rolex?
No. These are copies of the actual circuits that sometimes end up being even better.
Old 09-18-23, 11:43 AM
tomato coupe

No. These are copies of the actual circuits that sometimes end up being even better.
Maybe you could post a link to some of this equipment?
Old 09-18-23, 11:52 AM
George Mann

Maybe you could post a link to some of this equipment?
It's actually very easy to look up on your own. The majority of search's should begin with "hifi".

Go to AliExpress, and search for EAR 834p.
Old 09-18-23, 11:56 AM
tomato coupe

It's actually very easy to look up on your own. The majority of search's should begin with "hifi".
That's not very useful, given how many useless items will be included in that search.

Go to AliExpress, and search for EAR 834p.
In principle, that's more useful, but it doesn't return any items in the search.
Old 09-18-23, 12:30 PM
deimos25
700c

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Anyone here has any first hand experience with cycling clothing from AliExpress? I wan't to get a few things, but my first worry is that quality would be too bad to wear it at all...
Old 09-18-23, 01:00 PM
George Mann

That's not very useful, given how many useless items will be included in that search.
It takes experience to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

In principle, that's more useful, but it doesn't return any items in the search.
What exactly are you interested in finding?
Old 09-18-23, 01:05 PM
tomato coupe

What exactly are you interested in finding?
I just wanted to see an example of $200 audio equipment on AliExpress that's equal in quality to $2,000 equipment.
Old 09-18-23, 02:08 PM
George Mann

I just wanted to see an example of $200 audio equipment on AliExpress that's equal in quality to $2,000 equipment.
Here you go. This one exceeds the pricepoint by a comfortable margin.

2 chassis 834p clone
Old 09-18-23, 02:22 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2657 Post(s)
Liked 5,845 Times in 3,010 Posts
Originally Posted by deimos25
Anyone here has any first hand experience with cycling clothing from AliExpress? I wan't to get a few things, but my first worry is that quality would be too bad to wear it at all...
I have purchased a dozen cycling jerseys and had zero issues with receipt or quality, but then I am not looking for a top brand fit Cycling short chamois typically last about two years before they break down. I have gotten away from them for shorts/bibs, but at those prices it isn’t a big deal. Also have bought many good value accessories like lights, cadence and speed sensors and cycling glasses which have all been fine.

with cycling clothing read the reviews and see if there are comments like, Order a size larger or Runs small, order up.

Edit: I did make the mistake of ordering a winter “waterproof” jacket from one of their sellers. It sopped up rain like a sponge

Last edited by rsbob; 09-18-23 at 02:32 PM.
Likes For rsbob:
Old 09-18-23, 02:57 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 7084 Post(s)
Liked 11,189 Times in 4,782 Posts
More like paying $200 for something that normally costs $2000 or more.
This is what people tell themselves when they can't afford the $2000 item and thus have never experienced it. Sort of like the people on bf who brag about their $15 cycling jerseys and ridicule anyone who pays more for name brands.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 09-18-23, 03:06 PM
George Mann

Originally Posted by Koyote
This is what people tell themselves when they can't afford the $2000 item and thus have never experienced it. Sort of like the people on bf who brag about their $15 cycling jerseys and ridicule anyone who pays more for name brands.
I am infinitely familiar with the product in question, and have a wealth experience with gear at all pricepoints!

I also regularly listen to multi-million dollar systems.

I have been involved in high end audio for over 50 years as an inventor, engineer and critical listener.
Old 09-18-23, 05:26 PM
tomato coupe

Actually, if there's one place where $200 knock-offs might be as good as $2,000 originals, it would probably be the high end audio business. That industry lives on the peddling of snake oil.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 09-18-23, 07:00 PM
George Mann

Actually, if there's one place where $200 knock-offs might be as good as $2,000 originals, it would probably be the high end audio business. That industry lives on the peddling of snake oil.
Well, I got tired of the obsurd price increases. I was going to build a few line-level components myself, but found that the Chinese were selling good cicuit designs for less than I could build them for.
Old 09-18-23, 07:32 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked 625 Times in 384 Posts
My bet is that a lot of stuff on 'zon comes from aliexpress sellers. I have a 'Baleaf' wind jacket with zip-on arms from 'zon. It's pretty well made. Sewing looks good, no loose threads, self-healing zippers, fits me well enough. Still looks like it did after my 1st ride - stained because it was on my rearrack, and it rubbed against the tire for 15 miles. I'm happy after a couple of years of use.

This is a typical online review, utterly useless. I don't get the need for people to review a product they took out of a box? Maybe it is just me but when I review a product I will have used it for an extended time period. Quick shipping doesn't matter most things these days ship quickly and even still it has no bearing on the product. "The product shipped super fast but it gave me the plague 3 stars"

It really clouds the field when people cannot actually review the product honestly and realistically. If you haven't used it that is fine hold off the review for a while till you get to use it for a good period of time and put it through some paces. Don't mention anything that isn't directly related to the actual product and it will make for an actual sensible review.
Agree. I'd also like reviewers to have wide and deep knowledge of the stuff they review. Few Internet reviewers qualify.

Last edited by philbob57; 09-18-23 at 07:51 PM.
Likes For philbob57:
Old 09-19-23, 01:47 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

I buy $15 jerseys but don’t disparage those who buy the expensive brands. We all have different incomes so spend what you can.

Don’t wear out the broad brush you like to paint with.

Likes For rsbob:
Old 09-19-23, 04:03 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 7084 Post(s)
Liked 11,189 Times in 4,782 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Don’t wear out the broad brush you like to paint with.
"broad brush"? I'm talking about specific posters on bf. I think you participated in one or two of the threads. A couple of them actually wrote that they had never tried high-end jerseys because they just know that the cheapies from Amazon are just as good. (I would provide their usernames, but that might run afoul of the mods.)

Nothing "broad" about it.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 09-19-23, 07:28 PM
glenncz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I have an Ali cyclling jacket that I've worn for 2 maybe 3 years. If fits and works great. Quality is fine. I buy lots of stuff on Ali, you have to be careful with sizes, often 2 or even 3 sizes up, take measurements and use the size charts carefully.
Old 09-20-23, 05:30 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

"broad brush"? I'm talking about specific posters on bf. I think you participated in one or two of the threads. A couple of them actually wrote that they had never tried high-end jerseys because they just know that the cheapies from Amazon are just as good. (I would provide their usernames, but that might run afoul of the mods.)

Nothing "broad" about it.
You are always right. Must feel good. Cheers

Old 09-20-23, 04:50 PM
epnnf

Bikes: 2016 Masi strada vita due, 2019 Kona Dew Plus

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by deimos25
sometimes it is cheap crap, but usually its = to cheap domestic stuff. And Ive bought non cycling clothing from them. Its just like buying any sized items online- you dont know what youre getting.
Likes For epnnf:
Old 09-22-23, 12:45 AM
retswerb
Along for the ride

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 213 Times in 108 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbud
I won't order anything from Aliexpress after I had an order never show up. Aliexpress wouldn't refund my money. Their excuse was something like, we shipped it, so you should've got it. They had no record of where it went or even proof of it actually being shipped. It was impossible to talk to a real person. All complaints were done electronically in a very convoluted manner.

I put in a complaint through my credit card company and they got my money refunded. A conversation with my credit card company verified my suspicions that this happens all too often when using Aliexpress.
How long ago was this? I think this is an area they've really improved on. I've made a couple of orders from them in the past year and they've provided copious emails giving me tracking updates - when it shipped, when it arrived in customs, when it cleared customs, etc.
Old 09-22-23, 09:55 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Originally Posted by philbob57
My bet is that a lot of stuff on 'zon comes from aliexpress sellers. I have a 'Baleaf' wind jacket with zip-on arms from 'zon. It's pretty well made. Sewing looks good, no loose threads, self-healing zippers, fits me well enough. Still looks like it did after my 1st ride - stained because it was on my rearrack, and it rubbed against the tire for 15 miles. I'm happy after a couple of years of use.

Agree. I'd also like reviewers to have wide and deep knowledge of the stuff they review. Few Internet reviewers qualify.
Your bet is correct, I have seen multiple items on Amazon that are the exact same manufacture as on Ali. Rock Brothers is one of the biggies. If you want, you can read the reviews on Amazon to get a better read on quality and satisfaction. Am always leary of too good to be true prices or anything that plugs into a wall socket, so pass them by. Bought cadence and speed sensors for my other bikes which worked great with my Garmin for a fraction of the price.

I have also ordered solar motion detection lights for the house as well as soap racks for the shower, and multiple other items for the home and have only been disappointed once with quality. Forget refunds and returns though as well as a response from customer service. It is virtually impossible regardless of what they say. For less expensive items which may be disposable, I have no issue. IMO: It's a risk but for their prices its not much of one.

Likes For rsbob:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.