Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Kind of interesting Bianchi

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-23, 03:58 PM
denaffen

Bikes: Bianchi Nyala, Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi Campione D'Italia, Trek 640, Luxus folding bike, Schwinn Speedster, Bianchi Torino, KHS Aero Sport, probably something else around here somewhere

Liked 203 Times in 103 Posts

Not my size but I’m wondering if it’s a nice frame based on that fork. Interesting shifters too

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1491060268337568
Old 11-05-23, 04:38 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,091 Times in 1,575 Posts
It's from around '85 and nothing special, judging by the Mangalloy frame. The bar/stem and brake levers are definetly replacements. I think the shifters are basic Shipmano Golden Arrow (aka early 105)series from the era. The brakes liike like shipmano Z series

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...91060268337568

EDIT 1749: Upon closer inspection it seems to have a RD hanger so it might not be too bad but is still more Sport and Recreational level, perhaps an '85 Sport SX. INformation on the cranks and deraileurs would help or tubing on the frame.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 11-05-23 at 04:51 PM.
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 11-05-23, 05:31 PM
Kabuki12

Liked 2,345 Times in 1,315 Posts
I mean ….$50? If was your size it could be a great bike with some cleaning and perhaps a different handlebar , front brake and complete going through. I don’t think the present owner knows much about bike mechanics. Cables and other parts could add up but it looks like it will clean up nicely . I , personally , enjoy getting a bike in this condition and making it nice. It doesn’t ride great as the ad says …no shift cables , front brake missing , and the rear brake not trust worthy , but other than that….
Old 11-11-23, 09:14 PM
briannenoelle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Needing help identifying bike…I know I know

Okay so I just joined this website specifically so that I could ask Bianchigirll a question lol (it won’t let me pm you until I’ve created 10 posts). I see you answering a lot of questions on here and I was wondering if you could help me identify my bicycle. It’s a Bianchi advantage and the serial number is GP774774. I can try to figure out how to post a pic here in a min. It’s blue. Women’s bike I’m pretty sure. I’m just needing someone who has knowledge in this area and judging from your posts and replies on these forums, you seem to know your stuff! Willing to help me out?
Old 11-11-23, 09:33 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by briannenoelle
Okay so I just joined this website specifically so that I could ask Bianchigirll a question lol (it won’t let me pm you until I’ve created 10 posts). I see you answering a lot of questions on here and I was wondering if you could help me identify my bicycle. It’s a Bianchi advantage and the serial number is GP774774. I can try to figure out how to post a pic here in a min. It’s blue. Women’s bike I’m pretty sure. I’m just needing someone who has knowledge in this area and judging from your posts and replies on these forums, you seem to know your stuff! Willing to help me out?
Good Evening Thank you for your vote of confidence. You should be able to upload pics to your gallery and we can see them. The serial doesn't do me much good so can you tell me a bit more about some of the components?

I realize you have the womens model but does it liik just like this one with a grey line through the Bianchi decal?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 04-14-24, 11:36 AM
briannenoelle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reply to Bianchi Girl

Hi! Sorry I’ve been mia for a while. Because I’m so new here, it won’t allow me to upload pics of the bike. But the serial number is H9A70421. It’s kind of like the one you posted above but it’s more of a royal blue color, a bit darker of blue than you posted. It’s a Bianchi advantage. Does that help any? Again, thank you so much in advance!
Old 04-14-24, 11:37 AM
briannenoelle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To Bianchi girl

And yes, there is a line through the “Bianchi” 😊
Old 04-14-24, 11:40 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Hi! Sorry I’ve been mia for a while. Because I’m so new here, it won’t allow me to upload pics of the bike. But the serial number is H9A70421. It’s kind of like the one you posted above but it’s more of a royal blue color, a bit darker of blue than you posted. It’s a Bianchi advantage. Does that help any? Again, thank you so much in advance!
Hello Welcome back. Yes it helps the Advantage was a great little, and the very first, Hybrid bike. Decent quality gear all around for the MSRP.

If you care to send me a few pics I'll post them. BianchiGirLL@yahoo.com

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 04-14-24, 11:49 AM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Liked 871 Times in 473 Posts
Assistence Is Futile

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
... a few pics I'll post them....

OP's Album.
Likes For machinist42: