Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Boxing a 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-24, 05:06 PM
marcallen

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi.
I have a 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp. Although I have owned previous models, this one is slightly different because of the suspension in the front fork. Although I have not had to do this (during COVID-19), I am now going to travel with my bike and will need to box it up. However, it is a bit different than previous models. So...
Does anyone have any advice or videos on the best way to break-down this vintage of bike for boxing/transport? I mostly want to know how to deal with the handle bars.
Much appreciated for any help I can get.
Thank you.
-Marc.
Old 04-03-24, 06:06 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Liked 1,055 Times in 743 Posts
It'll require some playing around, but the way they box the bikes new is to remove the front wheel and handlebars, turn the fork backward, and ziptie the front wheel to the frame on the non-drive side so the axle is in the main triangle and the crankarm is interlaced into the spokes. Once zipped down, the handlebars are often placed in one of several places based on the size of the box. They may stick though the wheel and around the frame, they might ziptie to the fork legs, even then they might also be zipped to the front wheel wherever it touches the tire to help lock everything together. Basically, you'll have to play around to figure it out but it'll usually end up connecting to the front wheel.
Old 04-03-24, 06:49 PM
wheelreason

Liked 713 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by marcallen
Boxing a 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp.
Stick and move, circle away from the left hook, and keep your guard up.