Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Everyone meet Samantha Reno! **Bianchi Content**

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Everyone meet Samantha Reno! **Bianchi Content**

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-24, 04:29 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2968 Post(s)
Liked 3,049 Times in 1,556 Posts
So the tear down was proceeding well, there isn’t much in the way of grease to worry about cleaning up, seriously whoever built this didn’t grease the post or stem.

A quick look seems to indicate the HS is ok just dry and over tightened.

While they show signs of wear, there isn’t a lot of heavy greasy buildup on the rings and FD

I cleaned up the cranks and FD then decided to go for a ride. I’ll take care of the HS and clean the frame tomorrow.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-12-24, 08:24 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikini Wax!

It’s a bit chilly here on the edge of the Prairie this morning so the folks at the Trash Panda Werks are busy catching up some projects. We've liberlly coated Samanatha in a mudbath and while we're waiting for that to dry we're going to find some cables and bars.

I bet you didn't know I did "Big Rig" repairs too! I don't really like to but sometimes I help out when I can. This snubber broke and I was asking at the shop about ti and they weren't sure if it was delivered yet. So while I was getting fuel the Parts Manager brought it out for me to install! Interesting guy, I found out he used to work on the powerplants for a nuclear aircraft carrier.

Somehow the pics got out of order. New bsnubber installed! Kinda easy actually.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 05-12-24 at 08:31 AM.
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 05-12-24, 09:04 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

OH I'm not sure if I ever posted this anywhere. I just couldn't help myself and I brought home Simone! The seller dropped the price down to $150 and I ended up paying $125.

Weird mix of kit, an Ofmega crank with GipMe derailleur and seatpost, wouldn't really be surprising on a TreTubi frameset but the Diacompe G brakes and even cheaper looking levers seem really odd. Campagnolo FD and HS. She's mostly dusty but we'll get her cleanup and make something beautiful out of her.

Nice Suntour levers

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 05-12-24, 04:21 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

The folks here at Trash Panda Werks have been making a little progress on Samantha

As Uncle Albert would say "One does want a hint of color"

I may have finally found a use for these Veloce V brakes

I don't normally install accesories this early ut I wanted to see how those cages looked.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 05-27-24, 04:15 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

So work on Samantha seems to have stalled for some reason, we've been getting longer hours at work so I'm busy with other things on the weekend. Plus we're working on finding a new part for the RD (see reply in ISO thread)

However yesterday we did a few smaller projects. As noted with a line in the "what have you been wrenching on" threads I had to replace a tubular on Barbara Batavus. Not even two block from the house on Saturday and PPHFFFFTTttt

That'll do it! I don't know how old the tire is but it doesn't look to worn. The wheels were builf from very little used GP4s and some Campanutella hubs I got from a "take off" bin back in '95 or so. Nice wheels they just didn't see much use until a few years ago

Not too sure of the age of this tire but it held air for over 24hours so I guess it's OK to use. It' might have come off a wheel I broke down to sell the hub or something. I must be doing something wrong, I thought I could add music to videos I upload to the Utubes but.... please enjoy Simon and Garfunkel and the sound of silence

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-27-24, 04:33 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

After Barbra got a little TLC I put the Proto in the stand for a few last minute touch up items. I guess the guy on ebay with the dark blue brake adjuster rings is made at me and I'm not getting them. The original order never showed up, nor a replacemnt and then I got a refund. I really wanted those and was going to buy some other colors from him too. anyway...

After the overhaul I initially left the accesories, other than bell and single cage off, but since it's going to be in the "Daily Rider" group I thouhgt perhaps I should set her up as she gets ridden. So now the questions are.... Single silver cage? Double Silver cages? or Celeste single/double? I think single silver as it doesn't really draw attention.

I got these as a consolation prize for not getting the O rings

After the Proto was done the Ti MegaTube got a turn in the stand for a dust up before a ride but strangely I never rode

This I need more pics of. but already started some work on so the "before" pics won't be perfect. I posted in here a few weeks ago that I picked this up for only $125 for a Columbus TreTubi frame, Cineli bar/stem, nice looking GipMe RD and Campanutella FD wif Ofmega cranks. Brakes are Diacompe and the frame/frok are setup for recessed nuts.

The model, on the left side, appears to be Professional Race. Not sure If I'll reuse these DiaCompe G brakes or find somethig else. Does anyone make multicolored brake cable housing? I found a "rainbow" cable on ebay but it's very lowend. I already put the bar and stem on a different frame I want to try and sell at the Auburn show. It should make someone a fabulous "Gravel Grinder"

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 05-27-24, 06:35 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5914 Post(s)
Liked 3,567 Times in 2,120 Posts
Great write up and pics of your bike. Bianchi for a company that has such an obvious pedigree in racing bikes also did some really smart interesting things with touring and all road bikes (the Bianchi project bikes, cross bikes, touring bikes). T
Likes For bikemig:
Old 05-27-24, 07:04 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by bikemig
Great write up and pics of your bike. Bianchi for a company that has such an obvious pedigree in racing bikes also did some really smart interesting things with touring and all road bikes (the Bianchi project bikes, cross bikes, touring bikes). T
Thank You
I wouldn't swear to it but I think a lot of that was influenced by the US market, especially the Projects. I'd really like a -5 or -7 but you never see them for sale.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-27-24, 07:26 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Quoted: 5914 Post(s)
Liked 3,567 Times in 2,120 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Thank You
I wouldn't swear to it but I think a lot of that was influenced by the US market, especially the Projects. I'd really like a -5 or -7 but you never see them for sale.
I'd like a top end Project as well. The Prestige tubing cross bikes are cool too and those do come up from time to time.
Likes For bikemig:
Old 05-27-24, 08:02 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

bikemig I had an '89 Equinox but had some fiscal issues and stupidly let it go. Fabulous rider, at least on the road

The crew here is Trash Panda Werks is snooping around the bins looking for fabulous rare parts we can graciously make available to the general publice to fund their employ picnic. There will also be a pair (or two) of AVA silver tublar rims, NOS but shop wear, some wheel bags and "Mystery Boxes"

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 05-27-24, 08:46 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 4879 Post(s)
Liked 4,042 Times in 2,621 Posts
I like! Just rode yesterday on my Pro Miyata that I put that crankset on. Wow, does it shift nice! My Ti Cycles has that derailleur and super wow! Shifts so nice, like the old SunTours but smooth like a good Shimano. Triple fazes it not at all. My Pro has the Symmettric (sp) DT shifters. Again, so smooth!

Enjoy!
Likes For 79pmooney:
Old 06-02-24, 08:22 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

We’re also hustling to get Samantha’s build back on track. Still not sure about the RD issue

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 06-02-24, 10:13 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Break time at Trash Panda Werks! Between cleaning and photgraphing the Boarala and trying different tires, working on Samantha and looking for things to sell next week, my back is killing me so time to prop up my tootsies and relax with a cup of coffe or as my sister calls it "brown water"

Thumbrait AB in Oman is a delightful vacation spot!

I posted the Boarala on a FB Bianchi group and someone asked about tire sizes so I squeezed between the spares and Lilith to grab an old spare rear wheel and the biggest 700c tire I had.

Is this biggest 700c tire ever? This is one of the stock tires from my '93 Project 3 and it never saw much use. I went head over heels or is it heels over head... anyway I too a good spill, not getting hurt, but I decided solo mountain biking was probably not a good ifea for me.

Strangely I don’t have any tri flow, wd40 or any spray lube other than some lithium grease for cars doors so as I suspected a few drops of this Rem Oil from my shooting gear did the trick to get Simone's reluctant seatpost moving. Now to find my steelwool....

I need to get moving on this, it likely won’t be a rider this year and I may put it the car for Auburn next week.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 06-02-24 at 10:23 AM.
Likes For Bianchigirll: