Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Neighbors out for a ride in TS Fay

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-08, 03:06 PM
craigR

Bikes: Santa Cruz Heckler, Trek Soho 1.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like fun, but after 20+ inches of rain Tropical Storm Fay has donated my town in the last 24 hours, I decided to prep for the next 10 inches predicted to fall before it's over. Lot's of roads here closed, National Guard is running around picking up people in flooded neighborhoods (fortunately not mine).

Oh, and local Government has warned against playing in back up sewage water. lol... I got enough shots when I was deployed, I'll stay inside and stay dry today.

Either way, people have been playing in it all day, but I thought it was cool that they were out riding in 40MPH winds and figured I'd share.

Old 08-21-08, 02:50 PM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The good thing about riding bikes through flooded streets is that they don't suffer hydrolock like cars do when they ingest water through the engine's intake.

The last time I rode through deep water was when the remnants of Hurricane Isabel came through: