Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Focale44 official announcement

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Focale44 official announcement

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 03:42 PM
conor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gorss coz nasty.
Old 08-12-09, 03:46 PM
Focale44

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patrickgh
What's the price point on complete vs frame set?
The Noble complete bike (black) price is $739.99 and Relax complete bike is $699.99.

The frame kit (frame, fork and headset price is $449.99.
Old 08-12-09, 03:50 PM
Focale44

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xB_Nutt
One piece flat bar looks interesting, but I don't like the angle of the one piece track drops. Integrated headset turns me off. I guess if you can sell these for what a BD frameset goes for, then you might have something. How loyal are you BMX owners? I don't get the name either. Of course my wife had to explain "If you seek Amy" to me.
Oh and that saddle brings back horrible memories of the torture devices we used to put on our BMX bikes in the 70s just to save weight. What was that one piece saddle and seat post deal? I have got to call my brother to see if he remembers...

How loyal? BMX GRoupment boss already raced BMX in the 80's. Not a newcomer in the sport. And i ride bmx for 10 years now.

One piece saddle and seat post deal ? If i remember good, Uni and Elina made these light combos. But believe it or not, the seat on the bike is quite confortable. I have one on my bike and ride it every days
Old 08-12-09, 04:38 PM
kevinsaari

Bikes: Waterford 2100 w/ Campy Chorus 9, Eighth Inch Scrambler.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope you realize how stupid your company looks by offering fixed gear bikes with no foot retention.
Old 08-12-09, 05:22 PM
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful

Bikes: Nabiis Alchemy

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by j3ffr3y
that bike is so jackass I don't know where to start. Selling brakeless bikes with no foot retention to the "urban crowd" of people who just got a bike for the look is a bad idea. People are going to crash and die.
and

Originally Posted by kevinsaari
I hope you realize how stupid your company looks by offering fixed gear bikes with no foot retention.
see:

Originally Posted by Focale44
Bikes are sold with two brakes, ready to install on the bike, and a 16t freewheel.
ITT, peckerwoods
Old 08-12-09, 05:39 PM
MysticRats
aNYthing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j3ffr3y
that bike is so jackass I don't know where to start. Selling brakeless bikes with no foot retention to the "urban crowd" of people who just got a bike for the look is a bad idea. People are going to crash and die.
Dude said its coming with 2 brakes and a freewheel.
And you can put clips and straps on those type of pedals...I think.

Last edited by MysticRats; 08-12-09 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 05:41 PM
j3ffr3y
chickenosaurus

Bikes: 2010 Motobecane Team Track, 1997 GT Edge, 2012 Kilo TT Stripper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
now I feel like an ass. next time I'll learn to read instead of just looking at the pretty pictures.
Old 08-12-09, 05:45 PM
jim-bob
hateful little monkey

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jim-bob
Who's building the frames and out of what? Where's the geometry chart?
still kinda wondering..
Old 08-12-09, 05:46 PM
kevinsaari

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fugazi Dave
<insert focale dude's information here>
ITT, peckerwoods
That doesn't change the fact that they are offering fixed gear bicycles without foot retention or brakes installed.
Old 08-13-09, 12:46 AM
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful

Bikes: Nabiis Alchemy

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
That doesn't change the fact that they are offering fixed gear bicycles without foot retention or brakes installed.
fixed gear bicycles
fixed gear
Comes with a freewheel as well as two brakes ready to install. And nothing says you can't add foot retention to the existing pedals or swap them out for pedals you like better, which is what a lot of buyers would be doing automatically anyway.
Old 08-13-09, 12:53 AM
Astronomical
Double Agent

Bikes: Fly Pantera, GT GTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd stomp it.
Old 08-13-09, 01:15 AM
elTwitcho
Live without dead time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bet when you open the shipping box the wheel and bars aren't even installed either. How ****ing lame is that? They're selling a bike that doesn't even work
Old 08-13-09, 01:42 AM
Focale44

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frames are made of 100% cr-mo in Taiwan, and we offer three sizes at the moment (52, 55 et 58). The complete geometry chart will be available in our website soon.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-09, 01:44 AM
Focale44

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you're right, we are doing the same as every other bike brand in the market, shame on us :-)

Smaller box, more boxes for the same place, less pollution, that's it.
Old 08-13-09, 01:49 AM
kevinsaari

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fugazi Dave
Comes with a freewheel as well as two brakes ready to install. And nothing says you can't add foot retention to the existing pedals or swap them out for pedals you like better, which is what a lot of buyers would be doing automatically anyway.
I understand that... Look at the pictures. There is a fixed cog and lockring on those bikes. Obviously young/inexperienced customers are going to ride the bike on the fixed side if the freewheel is not already installed.
Old 08-13-09, 01:51 AM
Focale44

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exactly. Most of the high end road or moutain bikes are not even sold with pedals. In Europe, lot of people ride with plastic bmx pedals with added foot retention, that's why we sold your bike with these pedals.

I have some sealed pedals for a long time, and when i buy or build a new bike, i just take them and put them on my new bike.
Old 08-13-09, 09:34 AM
itschrisb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They look pretty cool, not sure about the components and everything. Probably alittle over priced to but their is definitly a market for these bikes and im sure they will sell great. With the boom of fixie tricks kids will eat them up for sure. Especially since its from a BMX brand. Look at the Volume Cutter, everywhere you look someone is riding one. Go on Trick Track and every single kid is riding or selling one.
Old 08-13-09, 09:48 AM
Zachee
DRUNKDRIVER

Bikes: Kilo TT custom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't like the fact you can't change the angle of the drops. Also I don't think I would ride something that seems like its main factor in being created was aesthetics. But there is definitely a market and these will probably sell really well. Good luck.
Old 08-13-09, 09:55 AM
allez
means go

Bikes: '06 Pedal Force RS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Focale44
The Noble complete bike (black) price is $739.99 and Relax complete bike is $699.99.

The frame kit (frame, fork and headset price is $449.99.
This seems expensive for a brand with no history of track bikes to prove quality, etc. I'm ok with Fuji charging this much, for example. Granted, your frames may be made in the building as someone like Fuji...but we just don't know that. (I know you've been in the BMX world, but I know dick about bmx.)
Old 08-13-09, 02:49 PM
wearyourtruth
Ride for Life

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
**** all this ****in bull**** about selling a bike without foot retention or brakes (installed or otherwise)

why don't you go ***** out every cigarette, alcohol, firearm, knife, and high performance automotive manufacturer in the country and then come back and keep this thread going. dangerous **** is sold ALL THE TIME under the realization that the buyer assumes the risks involved. it's not a company's job to baby their customers.
Old 08-13-09, 03:49 PM
frymaster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. are bf-ers cool with this forum being hijacked for pretty much purely advertising purposes?

2. integrated stem? no foot retention? brakeless (and with un-machined rims)? but, the "colourways" are spot on to appeal to 18-24 year-old market... does anyone here wonder what the priorities of this company are?
Old 08-13-09, 03:58 PM
j3ffr3y
chickenosaurus

Bikes: 2010 Motobecane Team Track, 1997 GT Edge, 2012 Kilo TT Stripper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frymaster
1. are bf-ers cool with this forum being hijacked for pretty much purely advertising purposes?

2. integrated stem? no foot retention? brakeless (and with un-machined rims)? but, the "colourways" are spot on to appeal to 18-24 year-old market... does anyone here wonder what the priorities of this company are?
1)yes, I'm fine with it. It is nice to be able to talk to company reps, giving community ideas on bikes is what allows companies like BD and Leader to produce some good stuff.

2) I'm not a huge fan of the look, but seeing as it looks like mostly a trick bike (except no info on barspinnz) it's not really in my market either.
Old 08-13-09, 04:20 PM
LupinIII

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I understand that... Look at the pictures. There is a fixed cog and lockring on those bikes. Obviously young/inexperienced customers are going to ride the bike on the fixed side if the freewheel is not already installed.
yeah, 'cause there has never been promotional photography of a bike set up more for aesthetics than comfort or practical use. never

never
Old 10-09-09, 06:30 PM
FixMe

Bikes: Langster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We just got these bikes into my shop. I built 4 of them today, both models in a 55cm and 58cm. Take this for what you want, I'm going to list out good and bad about the "new company" and their fixed gear models. It's only my opinion, and I could be wrong on some things, but it's just nice getting to see and work on these things in person and not have to base my opinion on internet images.

Good:
Bikes go together very nicely, super easy to work on. Come with a freewheel that you can install, or leave off (Dicta 16t). Comes with front and back brakes and allow plenty of slack on the cables so you can run them however you choose to. Sealed bearings in the hubs and headset. Integrated bars are actually really nice and sit at a good angle and are comfortable for riding, even on the drops.

Bad:
Cheap Wellgo platform pedals. No name components that are hard to explain to people as to why the price is so much for a bare bones bike (usually you can mention bikes feature Shimano, Sugino, Tektro etc...) and at 739.99 you'd expect a little something extra. Seat is just minimal plastic, although it is contoured and fairly comfortable, doesn't help make up for the price. Brake levers on the straight bars don't clamp, you have to slide them on to install, which means taking the grips off, levers on drop bars clamp but take up space on the straight section of the bars. If you do choose to run the back brake (single speed, extra stop power, whatever you want), no fasteners are included for the cable, so you better have zip ties or some tape at the ready. Company includes some big, cheap and bulky head and tail lights and a little bell, which is thoughtful and practical, but they're giant and cheap.

I may have missed some stuff, and although the "bad" list is bigger than the "good", it doesn't mean these bikes are bad. It's just difficult to promote and push this product when the components are no named, because at the price range you can pick up another "brand name" and more well known bike, or build one online for the same price bracket and get name/quality components. Yes, they have the "urban" feel and look about them, and they are nice looking in person because the frame and accents all tie in together, kind of like a mellow version of a tarck bike. They ride nice, and they are a new company, so if they have staying power, there's a lot of room for improvement and makes me anxious to see what they'll come out with next. The integrated stem/bar system is pretty sick, so who knows what their next idea will be. We'll see.
Old 10-09-09, 07:25 PM
LupinIII

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm all for companies starting up and trying to accomplish whatever, but 740 is steamroller territory. there's a lot of fit competition in that price bracket...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.